Topes Groundkeeper Hired by Minnesota Twins
Albuquerque Isotopes Director of Field Operations Jarad Alley has accepted a position as Assistant Groundskeeper for the Minnesota Twins.
Alley, who has been with the team since its inception in 2003, will join the Twins and be an instrumental part in the installation of the club's new field at Target Park, which is scheduled to open in Minneapolis next season.
Through his seven years with the Topes, Alley oversaw all aspects of the field's maintenance, ensuring that the playing surface was one of the best in the Pacific Coast League. For his efforts, he was named PCL Sports Turf Manager of the Year in each of the last two seasons and last year was declared the best groundskeeper in Triple-A Baseball.
"We're extremely happy and proud that Jarad will get an opportunity to advance his career in Minnesota with the Twins," said Isotopes General Manager John Traub. "We're also extremely grateful for the hard work he put in through seven years to make sure the field at Isotopes Park was consistently pristine. His passion for his work and his attention to detail was a huge asset for our organization and we look forward to watching him excel in Minnesota."
The Topes continue their eight-game homestand tonight with a special TV Giveaway courtesy of Baillios. Tomorrow, the team will close out the homestand with another of its eagerly-anticipated fireworks extravaganzas! Tickets for any Isotopes game may be purchased at the Isotopes Park Box Office, at Ticketmaster outlets, by phone at 1-800-745-3000, or on-line at www.albuquerquebaseball.com or www.ticketmaster.com.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from July 30, 2009
- Zephyrs Defeat Sounds In Rain-Shortened Game - Nashville Sounds
- Z's Win Rain Shortened Game - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Redbirds, Express Rained Out - Memphis Redbirds
- Beavers Break Out Special Jerseys for the Cure on Sunday - Portland Beavers
- Second Express Pitcher Called Up - Round Rock Express
- RedHawks at Isotopes Tonight - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Angels Option Mosebach to Salt Lake, Cabrera Reassigned to Orem - Salt Lake Bees
- Topes Groundkeeper Hired by Minnesota Twins - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Justin Duchscherer Scheduled to Make Rehab Appearance Friday at Raley Field - Sacramento River Cats
- Hester Blasts Aces Past Rainiers, 11-4 - Reno Aces
- RedHawks, Rain Douse Isotopes 6-2 - Albuquerque Isotopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Albuquerque Isotopes Stories
- Warren Schaeffer Named Colorado Rockies Third Base, Infield Coach
- Wynton Bernard, Sean Bouchard Named to Pacific Coast League All-Star Team
- Attendance, Home Runs Highlight Record-Setting Season at Isotopes Park
- Isotopes Win Season Finale, 4-3
- Isotopes Top PCL in Average Attendance for First Time in Team History