Toledo Walleye Add to Roster
(Toledo, OH) - Forwards John Vigilante and Joey Sides have agreed to terms with the Toledo Walleye for the 2013-14 season.
Vigilante hails from Dearborn, Michigan and has spent the last three seasons overseas playing in Europe. He collected 26 points (9g, 17a) in 52 games last year while playing with Oskarshamn in Sweden. Prior to heading to Europe, the 28-year-old appeared in 290 games over four season in the American Hockey League with Milwaukee, Syracuse, Quad City and Grand Rapids. His AHL totals include 48 goals and 80 assists. His last AHL season was 2009-10 with Grand Rapids when the 6'0" 200 pound forward collected 11 goals and 14 assists in 79 contests.
"John is an experience proven producer at many levels," Head Coach Nick Vitucci said. "He will bring a consistent veteran presence and scoring to our team."
Vigilante spent four seasons with Plymouth in the OHL before turning professional. In 254 total OHL games, he collected 246 points (93g, 153a) and was team Captain for Plymouth in the 2005-06 season.
Sides comes to the Walleye after spending the last two seasons with the Colorado Eagles of the ECHL. Last season the native of Sun Valley, Idaho posted 21 goals and 19 assists in just 44 contests. In 2011-12, he only appeared in 29 games for the Eagles and collected a point per game with 29 points (15g, 14a).
"Joey has a scorers touch," Head Coach Nick Vitucci said. "The last two years he has proven to be an excellent finisher at our level. Teams will have to game plan to stop his scoring."
The 27-year-old has also spent part of one year overseas and two full seasons in the Central Hockey League. The forward also appeared in 6 games last year with St. John's in the AHL, collecting a pair of assists. In his two years in the CHL with Arizona, the 5'11", 185 pound forward appeared in 123 games with 44 goals and 54 assists.
The 2013-14 season home-opener is October 26 against the Wheeling Nailers. Don't miss a minute of the action. Toledo Walleye single game tickets and game plans are on sale right now. Get yours by calling 419-725-WALL or online at www.toledowalleye.com. The Toledo Walleye play all of their home games at the Huntington Center in downtown Toledo. You can catch every Walleye hockey game live on Fox Sports radio 1230 and all 36 home games live on BCSN.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from September 24, 2013
- THUNDER New Voice of the Thunder Revealed - Stockton Thunder
- Reign Announce 2013-14 Promotional Calendar - Ontario Reign
- Colorado Eagles Add Defenseman Daniel Johnston - Colorado Eagles
- Bulls Add Scoring Punch up Front - San Francisco Bulls
- Wranglers Add Jeff Maxwell, Jeremy Fisher to Hockey Ops Staff - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Aces Sign Right Wing Shawn Skelly - Alaska Aces
- Toledo Walleye Add to Roster - Toledo Walleye
- Andy Hong Named Condors Head Athletic Trainer - Bakersfield Condors
- Darren McCarty to Visit the K-Wings on December 20th - Kalamazoo Wings
- Rick Covard and Brian Godin Join Stingrays Hockey Operations Staff - South Carolina Stingrays
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.