Timbers Unveil 2021 Primary Jersey
PORTLAND, Ore. - The Portland Timbers today unveiled their 2021 primary jersey, which will feature TikTok as the club's official jersey sleeve partner.
The Timbers' new primary jersey design is an update of the club's inaugural MLS primary kit in 2011, and an evolution of the 2019 striped jersey that used a darker green in the hoop accents. The 2021 jersey features a split color design and chevrons prominently displayed down the middle of the shirt. The jock tag displays "Soccer City USA" on the bottom left of the jersey, while also featuring "King of Clubs" inside the neck tape as a nod to the Timbers Army tifo from 2011.
Alaska Airlines, a founding partner of the Timbers, enters its 11th consecutive year as the club's jersey partner since its inaugural 2011 MLS season.
"We're excited to feature Alaska Airlines on our new primary jersey and couldn't ask for a better brand to represent our club and community", said Mike Golub, president of business for the Timbers.
The 2021 jersey marks the fourth time in team history (2012 third jersey, 2014 third jersey, 2017 primary jersey) that the Timbers have had a collared jersey with buttons.
The TikTok brand will appear on the right sleeve of the Timbers jersey worn in-game and on authentic jerseys and other retail merchandise. The Timbers' new jersey will go on sale Tuesday, March 2 at 9 a.m. (Pacific) on MLSstore.com/PortlandTimbers or adidas.com. Information about availability in-store at Providence Park will follow at a later date.
Portland begins its 2021 Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League campaign by first traveling to face CD MarathÃ³n at Estadio Olimpico Metropolitano in the first leg of the Round of 16 in San Pedro Sula, Honduras on Tuesday, April 6 at 3 p.m. (Pacific), before playing host to MarathÃ³n at Providence Park on Tuesday, April 13 at 5 p.m. (Pacific) in the second leg.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 23, 2021
- Canada Soccer's Men's National Team to Commence FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 Qualifiers in Orlando - Orlando City SC
- Five RSL Organization Members Selected to CONCACAF Olympic Qualifying Rosters - Real Salt Lake
- Orlando City SC Acquires Dutch Forward Silvester van der Water - Orlando City SC
- Eriq Zavaleta Re-Signs with Toronto FC - Toronto FC
- Bassett, Lewis, Trusty and Vines Named to Preliminary Concacaf Men's Olympic Qualifying Roster - Colorado Rapids
- Justin Morrow Re-Signs with Toronto FC - Toronto FC
- Earthquakes Sign Goalkeeper Matt Bersano to New Contract - San Jose Earthquakes
- Army-Navy Cup IX and X Returns to Subaru Park in 2021 - Philadelphia Union
- Timbers Unveil 2021 Primary Jersey - Portland Timbers
- Timbers, Thorns FC Announce Multi-Year Partnership with TikTok - Portland Timbers
- Colorado Rapids Players Support 'Help Colorado Now' COVID Relief Fund - Colorado Rapids
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Portland Timbers Stories
- Eryk Williamson Called up to U-23 U.S. Men's National Team Training Camp Ahead of CONCACAF Olympic Qualifying Championship
- NWSL Announces 2021 Allocated Players List
- Timbers Unveil 2021 Primary Jersey
- Timbers, Thorns FC Announce Multi-Year Partnership with TikTok
- Timbers Kick off 2021 Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League Round of 16 Play on April 6