Thunder Prepares for Two Games vs. Allen
Allen, TX (Jan. 26th) - Wichita, ECHL affiliate of the NHL's Edmonton Oilers, AHL's Bakersfield Condors and powered by Toyota, hits the road for the next two games, to face arch-rival, Allen.
Wichita and Allen recently completed a four-game mini-series right before the New Year. Allen took the first two games of the set, but the Thunder won the last two, knocking off the Americans on New Year's Eve by the final of 4-2 at the Allen Event Center. The Thunder are 4-4-0-0 against the Americans in the season-series.
Wichita is coming off a 3-1 win last Saturday against the Colorado Eagles. Ralph Cuddemi scored twice and Shane Starrett stopped 32 shots to help the Thunder to their 23rd win of the season. Allen fell last night to the Rapid City Rush by the final of 5-3. Colby McAuley scored twice for the Americans in the losing effort.
The Thunder currently sits in third place in the Mountain Division with 49 points while the Americans are four back with 45. Wichita has three games in hand on Allen and two on Idaho, who are in second place with 52 points.
David Makowski leads the Americans with eight points (1g, 7a) in eight games against the Thunder. Casey Pierro-Zabotel (3g, 4a) and Joel Chouinard (2g, 5a) each have seven points. Lane Bauer leads the way for the Thunder with seven points (3g, 4a) against Allen. Etienne Boutet (2g, 3a), Ralph Cuddemi (2g, 3a), Kevin Dufour (2g, 3a) and Chad Butcher (1g, 4a) each have five points against the Americans.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 27, 2018
- Admirals Take on Glads Searching for Fourth Straight Victory - Norfolk Admirals
- Big First Period Propels Colorado to 5-3 Win over Steelheads - Colorado Eagles
- GAME REPORT: Utah Scores on 3 of 6 Power Plays in Win over Oilers - Tulsa Oilers
- JENYS AND LANG POWER RUSH TO WIN - Rapid City Rush
- RYAN RUPERT'S OVERTIME WINNER CAPS FUEL COMEBACK IN CINCINNATI - Indy Fuel
- Third Period Sends Wichita to Win in Allen - Wichita Thunder
- Six Unanswered Fuel Admirals Comeback Victory over Atlanta - Norfolk Admirals
- Game Recap: WINGS DOMINATE THIRD PERIOD, SNAP KOMETS' STREAK - Kalamazoo Wings
- SOLAR BEARS FALL TO STINGRAYS IN 3-1 DECISION - Orlando Solar Bears
- Late Surge Dooms 'Blades in 5-4 Shootout Loss - Florida Everblades
- Railers Offense Shines in 5-2 Home Victory over the Mallards - Worcester Railers HC
- Fucale Stands Tall But Beast Fall in Overtime - Brampton Beast
- Royals Sneak Past Nailers in Overtime - Wheeling Nailers
- Mallards Drop Weekend Opener in Worcester - Quad City Mallards
- Forward J.C. Beaudin Reassigned to Colorado - Colorado Eagles
- TOMMY OLCZYK RETURNS TO FUEL - IceHogs reassign forward to Indy - Indy Fuel
- Thunder Prepares for Two Games vs. Allen - Wichita Thunder
- Nailers vs. Royals - Game Day Snap Shot - Wheeling Nailers
- LARRY McQUEARY PROMOTED TO INDY FUEL PRESIDENT & COO - Indy Fuel
- CAITO AND JENYS RETURN FROM IOWA - Rapid City Rush
- GAME DAY: Three-In-Three Weekend Opens in Atlanta - Norfolk Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.