LARRY McQUEARY PROMOTED TO INDY FUEL PRESIDENT & COO
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indy Fuel, proud ECHL affiliate of the NHL's Chicago Blackhawks and the AHL's Rockford IceHogs, announced Friday that Larry McQueary has been promoted to be the organization's President and Chief Operating Officer. In conjunction with McQueary's new title, Sean Hallett will be stepping down as the Fuel's Chief Executive Officer in order to pursue other endeavors.
Part of the Fuel's front office staff since the 2015-16 season and serving as COO since 2016, McQueary will now take on an additional role in overseeing the organization as President. Hallett will remain the Managing Partner of the Fuel, though no longer assuming the day-to-day duties of the team's CEO.
"I would like to sincerely thank Sean for his dedication and tireless effort in helping bring professional hockey back to Indianapolis, and building the Indy Fuel into the successful organization it is today" said Fuel Chairman Jim Hallett. "Under Sean's guidance over the last four years, the hockey's footprint has grown substantially in our community, and is poised to only strengthen in the years to come."
"In the short time since our inception, we have built the Fuel to be an integral part of the Indianapolis community. In just a few seasons, we have fostered a loyal fan base, a strong core of corporate partners and helped make a significant civic and charitable impact throughout Central Indiana," Sean Hallett explained. "For me, now felt like the right time to make the next step in my career and focus my efforts on other projects. I have nothing but confidence that Larry is more than capable of continuing the Fuel's positive momentum."
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 27, 2018
- Admirals Take on Glads Searching for Fourth Straight Victory - Norfolk Admirals
- Big First Period Propels Colorado to 5-3 Win over Steelheads - Colorado Eagles
- GAME REPORT: Utah Scores on 3 of 6 Power Plays in Win over Oilers - Tulsa Oilers
- JENYS AND LANG POWER RUSH TO WIN - Rapid City Rush
- RYAN RUPERT'S OVERTIME WINNER CAPS FUEL COMEBACK IN CINCINNATI - Indy Fuel
- Third Period Sends Wichita to Win in Allen - Wichita Thunder
- Six Unanswered Fuel Admirals Comeback Victory over Atlanta - Norfolk Admirals
- Game Recap: WINGS DOMINATE THIRD PERIOD, SNAP KOMETS' STREAK - Kalamazoo Wings
- SOLAR BEARS FALL TO STINGRAYS IN 3-1 DECISION - Orlando Solar Bears
- Late Surge Dooms 'Blades in 5-4 Shootout Loss - Florida Everblades
- Railers Offense Shines in 5-2 Home Victory over the Mallards - Worcester Railers HC
- Fucale Stands Tall But Beast Fall in Overtime - Brampton Beast
- Royals Sneak Past Nailers in Overtime - Wheeling Nailers
- Mallards Drop Weekend Opener in Worcester - Quad City Mallards
- Forward J.C. Beaudin Reassigned to Colorado - Colorado Eagles
- TOMMY OLCZYK RETURNS TO FUEL - IceHogs reassign forward to Indy - Indy Fuel
- Thunder Prepares for Two Games vs. Allen - Wichita Thunder
- Nailers vs. Royals - Game Day Snap Shot - Wheeling Nailers
- LARRY McQUEARY PROMOTED TO INDY FUEL PRESIDENT & COO - Indy Fuel
- CAITO AND JENYS RETURN FROM IOWA - Rapid City Rush
- GAME DAY: Three-In-Three Weekend Opens in Atlanta - Norfolk Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Indy Fuel Stories
- Indy Fuel to Make Coaching Change for 2019-20 Season
- Fuel Announce 2018-19 Team Award Winners
- Fuel Outlast Nailers in Season Finale
- Fuel Eliminated from Playoff Contention After Shootout Loss to Komets
- Fuel Rally in Comeback Win over the Komets to Keep Playoff Hopes Alive