TOMMY OLCZYK RETURNS TO FUEL - IceHogs reassign forward to Indy
INDIANAPOLIS - The American Hockey League's Rockford IceHogs announced Thursday that they have reassigned forward Tommy Olczyk to the ECHL's Indy Fuel. Olczyk will join the Fuel in Cincinnati Friday as they begin a three-game weekend at U.S. Bank Arena against the Cyclones.
Olczyk, 27, made his AHL debut on January 20, logging a -1 rating during Rockford's 4-3 loss in Grand Rapids. The native of Long Grove, Ill. has appeared in 31 games with Indy this season, tallying eight goals and three assists. On Dec. 23, Olczyk became only the fourth player in ECHL history to record three shorthanded goals in a single game, accomplishing the feat in a 7-4 win against the Cincinnati Cyclones. In 75 total professional games split between the Fuel and the Alaska Aces, the Penn State University graduate has posted 14 goals and 10 assists.
Indy begins a four game road swing with three games in three days this weekend - starting Friday night in Cincinnati.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 27, 2018
- Admirals Take on Glads Searching for Fourth Straight Victory - Norfolk Admirals
- Big First Period Propels Colorado to 5-3 Win over Steelheads - Colorado Eagles
- GAME REPORT: Utah Scores on 3 of 6 Power Plays in Win over Oilers - Tulsa Oilers
- JENYS AND LANG POWER RUSH TO WIN - Rapid City Rush
- RYAN RUPERT'S OVERTIME WINNER CAPS FUEL COMEBACK IN CINCINNATI - Indy Fuel
- Third Period Sends Wichita to Win in Allen - Wichita Thunder
- Six Unanswered Fuel Admirals Comeback Victory over Atlanta - Norfolk Admirals
- Game Recap: WINGS DOMINATE THIRD PERIOD, SNAP KOMETS' STREAK - Kalamazoo Wings
- SOLAR BEARS FALL TO STINGRAYS IN 3-1 DECISION - Orlando Solar Bears
- Late Surge Dooms 'Blades in 5-4 Shootout Loss - Florida Everblades
- Railers Offense Shines in 5-2 Home Victory over the Mallards - Worcester Railers HC
- Fucale Stands Tall But Beast Fall in Overtime - Brampton Beast
- Royals Sneak Past Nailers in Overtime - Wheeling Nailers
- Mallards Drop Weekend Opener in Worcester - Quad City Mallards
- Forward J.C. Beaudin Reassigned to Colorado - Colorado Eagles
- TOMMY OLCZYK RETURNS TO FUEL - IceHogs reassign forward to Indy - Indy Fuel
- Thunder Prepares for Two Games vs. Allen - Wichita Thunder
- Nailers vs. Royals - Game Day Snap Shot - Wheeling Nailers
- LARRY McQUEARY PROMOTED TO INDY FUEL PRESIDENT & COO - Indy Fuel
- CAITO AND JENYS RETURN FROM IOWA - Rapid City Rush
- GAME DAY: Three-In-Three Weekend Opens in Atlanta - Norfolk Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.