Thunder open road trip with 4-1 loss
(Manchester, NH)- Vito Chiaravalloti's three-run homer capped a big 4th Inning for New Hampshire in a 4-1 win over the Thunder on Tuesday night. The loss snaps a six-game winning streak by Trenton.
The Fisher Cats (35-40) started the 4th Inning with an infield hit by SS Manny Mayorson. C Curtis Thigpen followed with an RBI triple off Trenton starter Danny Borrell for a 1-0 lead. After a pair of strikeouts and a walk, Chiaravalloti lined a three-run homer over the left field wall for a 4-0 lead. Chiaravalloti, a Middletown, NJ native and high school star at Christian Brothers Academy, collected his 6th homer of the season. Borrell (3-5) allowed four runs on three hits in six innings for the loss. He walked two and struck out eight.
Meanwhile, New Hamsphire starter Mike MacDonald held the Thunder (41-36) to just three hits en route to his 2nd complete game win of the year. The only Thunder run came on a solo homer by 3B Kevin Howard, his 6th of the year, in the 8th Inning. MacDonald allowed the Thunder only six base runners on the night. He walked two and struck out three.
The series continues on Wednesday at 7:05 PM. Phil Hughes (4-3, 3.18) starts for the Thunder against New Hampshire's Kurt Isenberg (3-8, 5.11).
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from June 27, 2006
- Horwitz comes through twice in Connecticut walk off win - Connecticut Defenders
- McDonald tosses complete game as Fisher Cats beat Thunder, 4-1 - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Thunder open road trip with 4-1 loss - Trenton Thunder
- Curve and Baysox rained out onTuesday night - Altoona Curve
- Harrisburg Senators game notes - Harrisburg Senators
- Tuesday's B-Mets Game Postponed - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Ricky Romero joins Fisher Cats - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Erie SeaWolves vs. Akron Aeros series preview - Erie SeaWolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.