Thunder Announces Revised December Schedule
WICHITA, Kan. (Nov. 27) - The Wichita Thunder, ECHL affiliate of the NHL's Edmonton Oilers, AHL's Bakersfield Condors and powered by Toyota, announced today schedule changes for the first five weeks of the 2020-21 season.
Wichita will still open the season on December 11 at Tulsa and play their first three games away from home. The Thunder will now play on the road the day after Christmas against the Kansas City Mavericks. Wichita will also be on the road on January 5 at Kansas City, which will begin a set of four-straight against the Mavericks.
The season opener has been pushed back to New Year's Day as the Allen Americans will still come in for a two-game set on January 1 and 2.
Below is the first nine games of the Thunder schedule:
December 11 at Tulsa
December 26 at Kansas City
December 31 at Allen
January 1 vs. Allen
January 2 vs. Allen
January 5 at Kansas City
January 8 vs. Kansas City
January 9 vs. Kansas City
January 10 vs. Kansas City
With only one game before December 26, the Thunder now plan to open training camp on Monday, December 7 in order to follow ECHL safety protocols.
The Thunder are committed to playing the 2020-21 ECHL season and will continue to monitor the current environment. We will keep season ticket holders and fans informed over the next few weeks as relates to their seats and future on sale dates.
Season tickets for the 2020-21 season are on sale now. Get your seats for just $34 per month.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 27, 2020
- ECHL Transactions - November 28 - ECHL
- Rush Announce Swap of Scheduled Opponents - Rapid City Rush
- Thunder Announces Revised December Schedule - Wichita Thunder
- IceMen Bolster Forward Corps with Mike Szmatula - Jacksonville IceMen
- Fuel Sign Forward Antoine Waked - Indy Fuel
- Swamp Rabbits Release 2020 Training Camp Roster - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Grizzlies Tickets Go on Sale November 27th - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.