Threshers Bats Silenced in Clearwater
Clearwater, FL. - Dunedin rode momentum of their doubleheader sweep yesterday, and beat the Clearwater Threshers by the final score of 2-0 in game one of a four game series.
RHP Simeon Woods Richardson (1-2) was seeking his first Advanced-A win in his third outing, and stifled Clearwater hitters with five scoreless, striking out five and retiring 14 of the final 15 hitters he faced. The lone hit given up by Woods Richardson was a first inning single to Daniel Brito.
The Blue Jays offense pushed across a run in the bottom of the first when Alejandro Kirk singled back up the middle to score Reggie Pruitt from second. In the bottom of the seventh, Dunedin tacked on an insurance run. Kirk smacked a double to left center, advanced to third on a fly-ball out off the bat of Demi Orimoloye, and scored on a wild pickoff throw by Rafael Marchan to make it 2-0 Dunedin.
The best chance to score for Clearwater came in the top of the eighth, but with the bases loaded, RHP Emerson Jimenez induced a fly-ball out off the bat Brito.
LHP Ethan Lindow started for Clearwater and although he pitched five innings, and gave up just one run, the 20 year old was tagged with the loss.
The two teams will flip the page to tomorrow and play game two of the four game set. RHP Kyle Johnston (0-2, 11.05) makes the start for Dunedin against RHP Andrew Brown (3-6, 6.72) who gets the ball for Clearwater. The first pitch is set for 7:00 E.T. with live play-by-play coverage beginning at 6:45 E.T. across the Dunedin Blue Jays Baseball Network powered by TuneIn.
• Discuss this story on the Florida State League message board...
Florida State League Stories from August 12, 2019
- Stone Crabs Squeak Past Tortugas, 3-2 - Daytona Tortugas
- Plassmeyer Dazzles in 3-2 Win in Daytona - Charlotte Stone Crabs
- 'Heads Hammer out Win in Series Opener against Lakeland - Jupiter Hammerheads
- Precipition Mangles Marauders and Fire Frogs Opener - Florida Fire Frogs
- Miracle and Mets Postponed; DH on Tuesday - Fort Myers Mighty Mussels
- Mets, Miracle Postponed on Monday - St. Lucie Mets
- Lindow's Strong Debut Not Enough in Series Opening Loss to Blue Jays - Clearwater Threshers
- Threshers Bats Silenced in Clearwater - Dunedin Blue Jays
- 'Tugas Return to the Jack, Set to Face Top Prospect in Baseball - Daytona Tortugas
- Fire Frogs Begin Five-Game Series with Marauders on Belly Buster Monday - Florida Fire Frogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Dunedin Blue Jays Stories
- Dunedin Blue Jays Raise over $1,800 for Dunedin Cares Inc. in Band Together against Hunger Campaign
- Dunedin Blue Jays Join Dunedin Cares Inc. to Band Together against Hunger
- Dunedin Blue Jays Announce 2020 On-Field Staff
- Dunedin Blue Jays Announce 2020 Promotional Schedule
- Samad Taylor Recipient of Team Community Service Award