Texas takes down Allen
NORTH RICHLAND HILLS, Texas - The Metroplex mayhem on ice continued between the Allen Americans and Texas Brahmas Friday night, and it was the purple and black who stood victorious in a 4-1 win at the NYTEX Sports Centre.
Brahmas forward Chad Woollard entered his 695th career game just two points shy of 700; but was able to cut the margin in half when he took a pass from captain Jason Deitsch and flew across the ice and hammered a shot home past Chris Whitley's blocker. The goal extended Texas' franchise leader in scoring to 14 consecutive games with a point.
A penalty free second period made the frame go quickly with stoppages only from offsetting goals by the two squads. Allen tied the game at the 13:39 mark when Jonathon Zion, planted in front of Wayne Savage's net, found daylight for his fifth goal of the season. With under three minutes remaining in the second, Brian Ihnacak left the puck for linemate Calin Wild who slipped it past the goal line and under Whitley's legs for Texas' second tally.
Texas found themselves short for 1:10 with both Nathan Saunders and Alex Curran in the sin bin in the third, but the Brahmas, with a sold out crowd behind them, was able to shut down the American's top powerplay unit. Mick Lawrence added a goal of his own when he directed a shot from Dylan Stanley with four minutes left on the clock for the 3-1 lead. Deitsch wrapped the game up with an empty net goal for the Texas victory, their 30th of the season.
The Brahmas host the Laredo Bucks tomorrow at the NYTEX Sports Centre for a 7:30 pm faceoff. For ticket information please contact the Brahmas Box Office at (817) 336-4423 or visit www.brahmas.com.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 4, 2011
- Yellow Horn's Streak Hits 14 In Allen's Loss At Texas - Allen Americans
- Killer Bees Can't Catch Eagles, Fall 5-4 - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Beech, Robinson Help Thunder Past Rush - Wichita Thunder
- Texas takes down Allen - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Munce, Mudbugs Shut Bucks Out Again - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Lutes scores winning goal in overtime for Gems - Dayton Gems
- PrairieThunder Dominates Fort Wayne 6-2 on Friday Night - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Nolan and Jardine's heroics lift Mavs to second straight postseason - Kansas City Mavericks
- Jacks Outlast Tulsa on Thinel's Six-Point Night - Odessa Jackalopes
- Nolan, Mavericks Blank Mallards 1-0 - Quad City Mallards
- Bucks Blanked by Bugs Again - Laredo Bucks
- Arizona Sundogs Awarded 2012 CHL All-Star Game - CHL
- Sundogs Awarded 2012 Central Hockey League All-Star Game - Arizona Sundogs
- Dayton Gems Weekend Preview - Dayton Gems
- Game Day - RiverKings at Arizona - Mississippi RiverKings
- McLean Returns to Mallards - Quad City Mallards
- RiverKings Partner with Hernando Parks and Recreation - Mississippi RiverKings
- "Pack the House Night" benefit scheduled for March 26 to help teen cancer patient - Dayton Gems
- Shots from the Point for March 4, 2011 - CHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.