PrairieThunder Dominates Fort Wayne 6-2 on Friday Night
The Central Hockey League playoffs bound Bloomington PrairieThunder took a commanding 5-0 lead into the third period and fought off a Fort Wayne attempted comeback for a 6-2 victory on Friday night at the U.S. Cellular Coliseum. With the victory, the PrairieThunder improves to 32-16-5 on the year and pending the outcome of tonight's Rapid City game could close to within one point of second place in the CHL's Turner Conference.
Defenseman Aaron Dawson led the way in scoring for the PThunder with 2 goals. Alan Mazur, Bill Bagron, Garrett Klotz, and Travis Granbois were the other Bloomington goal scorers. Granbois' goal at 11:29 of the second period turned out to be the game winner. Goaltender Marco Emond stopped 30 of 32 shots for his 23rd win of the year. Bloomington improves to 8-0-3 in their last eleven games.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 4, 2011
- Yellow Horn's Streak Hits 14 In Allen's Loss At Texas - Allen Americans
- Killer Bees Can't Catch Eagles, Fall 5-4 - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Beech, Robinson Help Thunder Past Rush - Wichita Thunder
- Texas takes down Allen - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Munce, Mudbugs Shut Bucks Out Again - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Lutes scores winning goal in overtime for Gems - Dayton Gems
- PrairieThunder Dominates Fort Wayne 6-2 on Friday Night - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Nolan and Jardine's heroics lift Mavs to second straight postseason - Kansas City Mavericks
- Jacks Outlast Tulsa on Thinel's Six-Point Night - Odessa Jackalopes
- Nolan, Mavericks Blank Mallards 1-0 - Quad City Mallards
- Bucks Blanked by Bugs Again - Laredo Bucks
- Arizona Sundogs Awarded 2012 CHL All-Star Game - CHL
- Sundogs Awarded 2012 Central Hockey League All-Star Game - Arizona Sundogs
- Dayton Gems Weekend Preview - Dayton Gems
- Game Day - RiverKings at Arizona - Mississippi RiverKings
- McLean Returns to Mallards - Quad City Mallards
- RiverKings Partner with Hernando Parks and Recreation - Mississippi RiverKings
- "Pack the House Night" benefit scheduled for March 26 to help teen cancer patient - Dayton Gems
- Shots from the Point for March 4, 2011 - CHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.