Jacks Outlast Tulsa on Thinel's Six-Point Night
ODESSA, TX - Sebastien Thinel, Mike Ramsay, and Todd Robinson combined for 15 points in the Odessa Jackalopes 7-5 win over the Tulsa Oilers on Friday night at the Ector County Coliseum. Thinel was responsible for six of those points with a hat-trick and three assists in the game.
The win was Odessa's fourth straight as they remain perfect on their homestand. Thinel's effort was one-point shy of tying a Jackalopes franchise record for individual points in a game and a personal career-high.
Thinel's hat-trick goal came on an empty net with nine seconds to play to seal the win. Robinson's second goal of the night with 4:10 remaining in the game was the game-winner. The third period featured a frantic close as the two teams combined for five goals in the final 10 minutes of play.
Odessa jumped out to a 2-0 lead through period one on goals from Robinson 6:22 in and Ramsay at 9:21.
In the second period the teams combined for five goals in the opening 10 minutes as Thinel scored his first of the game at 3:39. Tulsa scored less than a minute later and again at 6:09 with goals from Braden Walls and Sean Erickson. Thinel scored again before John Mori made it a 4-3 with an Oilers goal.
Mike Wirll and Walls scored in the third period, while Kenny Corupe scored for Odessa.
Mike Mole made his debut in net for the Jackalopes and stopped 32 shots for the win. Trevor Cann took the loss in a 23-save night.
The two teams hook up again on Saturday at 7:05 PM CST to close their weekend set. The action can be heard on Classic Rock 102.1 FM.
The Odessa Jackalopes are the Central Hockey League affiliate for the NHL's New York Islanders and the AHL's Bridgeport Sound Tigers. The team is currently in the middle of its 14th season. Season tickets, mini-plans, and single game tickets are available by calling (432) 552-7825 or visiting jackalopes.org.
Follow the Jackalopes all year long on Facebook and Twitter -- Twitter.com/ODEJackalopes.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 4, 2011
- Yellow Horn's Streak Hits 14 In Allen's Loss At Texas - Allen Americans
- Killer Bees Can't Catch Eagles, Fall 5-4 - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Beech, Robinson Help Thunder Past Rush - Wichita Thunder
- Texas takes down Allen - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Munce, Mudbugs Shut Bucks Out Again - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Lutes scores winning goal in overtime for Gems - Dayton Gems
- PrairieThunder Dominates Fort Wayne 6-2 on Friday Night - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Nolan and Jardine's heroics lift Mavs to second straight postseason - Kansas City Mavericks
- Jacks Outlast Tulsa on Thinel's Six-Point Night - Odessa Jackalopes
- Nolan, Mavericks Blank Mallards 1-0 - Quad City Mallards
- Bucks Blanked by Bugs Again - Laredo Bucks
- Arizona Sundogs Awarded 2012 CHL All-Star Game - CHL
- Sundogs Awarded 2012 Central Hockey League All-Star Game - Arizona Sundogs
- Dayton Gems Weekend Preview - Dayton Gems
- Game Day - RiverKings at Arizona - Mississippi RiverKings
- McLean Returns to Mallards - Quad City Mallards
- RiverKings Partner with Hernando Parks and Recreation - Mississippi RiverKings
- "Pack the House Night" benefit scheduled for March 26 to help teen cancer patient - Dayton Gems
- Shots from the Point for March 4, 2011 - CHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.