McLean Returns to Mallards
MOLINE, Ill. (March 4, 2011) - The Quad City Mallards of the "AA" Central Hockey League today announced center Mike McLean has returned to the team from the Milwaukee Admirals of the American Hockey League.
McLean, 25, skated in two games for the Admirals after being called up last Friday. McLean has scored 16 goals and totaled 41 points in 44 games with the Mallards. The Oshawa, Ontario, native leads the Mallards with seven power play goals.
The 6' 0", 180-pound McLean played six games for the Admirals last season while spending the bulk of the 2009-10 campaign in the ECHL with the Cincinnati Cyclones and Gwinnett Gladiators. McLean skated in 25 AHL games in 2008-09 with the Lake Erie Monsters, for whom he scored four goals and collected 12 points.
The Mallards next take to the ice tomorrow night on the road against the Missouri Mavericks. The Mallards next play at home Saturday at 7:05 p.m. against the Mavericks. Courtesy of KWQC HD, fans attending Saturday night's game will have the chance to win the special third jerseys worn by the Mallards in that contest through random drawings.
Tickets for Saturday night's game- and all Mallards regular season home games- are available in person at the i wireless Center box office, at Ticketmaster outlets, through www.ticketmaster.com or through Ticketmaster charge-by-phone toll free at 1-800-745-3000. The ticket office is open Monday through Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., on Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and on game days from 10:00 a.m. until the end of the first period.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 4, 2011
- Yellow Horn's Streak Hits 14 In Allen's Loss At Texas - Allen Americans
- Killer Bees Can't Catch Eagles, Fall 5-4 - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Beech, Robinson Help Thunder Past Rush - Wichita Thunder
- Texas takes down Allen - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Munce, Mudbugs Shut Bucks Out Again - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Lutes scores winning goal in overtime for Gems - Dayton Gems
- PrairieThunder Dominates Fort Wayne 6-2 on Friday Night - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Nolan and Jardine's heroics lift Mavs to second straight postseason - Kansas City Mavericks
- Jacks Outlast Tulsa on Thinel's Six-Point Night - Odessa Jackalopes
- Nolan, Mavericks Blank Mallards 1-0 - Quad City Mallards
- Bucks Blanked by Bugs Again - Laredo Bucks
- Arizona Sundogs Awarded 2012 CHL All-Star Game - CHL
- Sundogs Awarded 2012 Central Hockey League All-Star Game - Arizona Sundogs
- Dayton Gems Weekend Preview - Dayton Gems
- Game Day - RiverKings at Arizona - Mississippi RiverKings
- McLean Returns to Mallards - Quad City Mallards
- RiverKings Partner with Hernando Parks and Recreation - Mississippi RiverKings
- "Pack the House Night" benefit scheduled for March 26 to help teen cancer patient - Dayton Gems
- Shots from the Point for March 4, 2011 - CHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Quad City Mallards Stories
- Mallards Clearance Sale this Week
- Motte, Osipov Head to AHL
- Mallards Rally to Win Finale
- Mallards Game Day
- Mallards Battle from Behind for 5-4 Shootout Victory over Wings