Sundogs Awarded 2012 Central Hockey League All-Star Game
PRESCOTT VALLEY, Ariz. - The Arizona Sundogs, in conjunction with the Central Hockey League, announced today that the Sundogs, Tim's Toyota Center and the city of Prescott Valley, Arizona will play host to the 2012 CHL All-Star Game.
Central Hockey League Commissioner Duane Lewis presented team co-owner Brad Fain, team co-owner and Interim President Ed Lepordo and Head Coach and General Manager Marco Pietroniro with a CHL All-Star Game flag during an on-ice ceremony prior to the Sundogs' game against the Mississippi RiverKings.
"On behalf of the entire League, we are excited to have the Arizona Sundogs host the 2012 CHL All-Star Game," said Lewis. "The detailed presentation they made to the League Office outlined some exciting plans for the Game and the surrounding events. Next season will be the 6th season of Sundogs' hockey in the Northern Arizona community, and we know ownership and the front office will do a great job as hosts to all of those involved in the Game."
The All-Star Game logo, jerseys and date along with additional information regarding the mid-season showcase will be unveiled at a later date.
"We're thrilled to be selected as the host of the 2012 Central Hockey League All-Star Game," said Lepordo. "We'd like to thank Duane Lewis and the entire Central Hockey League staff for the privilege to host such a prominent event. We're very much looking forward to the opportunity of showcasing the Arizona Sundogs, Tim's Toyota Center and the Town of Prescott Valley to the rest of the Central Hockey League, its member teams and their fans. Past teams have done a tremendous job hosting the All-Star Game and I'm certain we're going to continue that tradition."
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 4, 2011
- Yellow Horn's Streak Hits 14 In Allen's Loss At Texas - Allen Americans
- Killer Bees Can't Catch Eagles, Fall 5-4 - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Beech, Robinson Help Thunder Past Rush - Wichita Thunder
- Texas takes down Allen - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Munce, Mudbugs Shut Bucks Out Again - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Lutes scores winning goal in overtime for Gems - Dayton Gems
- PrairieThunder Dominates Fort Wayne 6-2 on Friday Night - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Nolan and Jardine's heroics lift Mavs to second straight postseason - Kansas City Mavericks
- Jacks Outlast Tulsa on Thinel's Six-Point Night - Odessa Jackalopes
- Nolan, Mavericks Blank Mallards 1-0 - Quad City Mallards
- Bucks Blanked by Bugs Again - Laredo Bucks
- Arizona Sundogs Awarded 2012 CHL All-Star Game - CHL
- Sundogs Awarded 2012 Central Hockey League All-Star Game - Arizona Sundogs
- Dayton Gems Weekend Preview - Dayton Gems
- Game Day - RiverKings at Arizona - Mississippi RiverKings
- McLean Returns to Mallards - Quad City Mallards
- RiverKings Partner with Hernando Parks and Recreation - Mississippi RiverKings
- "Pack the House Night" benefit scheduled for March 26 to help teen cancer patient - Dayton Gems
- Shots from the Point for March 4, 2011 - CHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.