Telemundo 48 to Air Three 2019 Earthquakes MLS Matches
SAN JOSE, Calif. - The San Jose Earthquakes today announced the club has partnered with Telemundo 48 Area de la Bahia / KSTS to air three Spanish-language television broadcasts during the 2019 season. The MLS regular season matches that will air on Telemundo 48 are: July 27 vs. Colorado (6:45 p.m.), Aug. 3 vs. Columbus (6:45 p.m.), and Aug. 24 vs. Vancouver (6:45 p.m.). All three matches will take place at Avaya Stadium, where the Earthquakes are undefeated in their last six competitive games (5-0-1).
Telemundo 48, the official Spanish-language local television partner of the San Jose Earthquakes, has partnered with the team for more than a decade, providing in-depth coverage of the club including weekly interview segments with head coach Matias Almeyda.
"Telemundo 48 is thrilled to extend our partnership with the San Jose Earthquakes into live coverage of these games," said Stacy Owen, President and General Manager of Telemundo 48. "The excitement that the team is generating this year makes it a highlight of our Summer of Soccer, following the Women's World Cup and Copa America."
The broadcasts will be called by Carlos Cesar Rivera (Play by Play), Ramiro Corrales (Analyst) and Telemundo 48 sports anchor Carlos Ramirez (Sideline), with English audio also available via SAP.
Rivera is the Spanish radio voice of the Earthquakes, providing play-by-play commentary for home and away matches every year since 2008. He hosts 1370 KZSF's sports talk show from 5-7 p.m. PT Monday through Friday, which covers MLS and Liga MX, as well as many other sports teams in the Bay Area.
Corrales is a member of the Earthquakes Hall of Fame, ranking second in minutes played (20,188) and games started (228), third in appearances (250), and sixth in assists (32) among all players in club history. He currently serves as the Spanish radio color analyst for Quakes home matches.
Ramirez joined Telemundo 48 Area de la Bahia as a sports anchor in 2019. He previously worked at the Telemundo affiliate in San Diego since 2017, following an award-winning news career in his native Venezuela.
The Earthquakes will also provide Spanish-language audio for all broadcasts via SAP beginning on Wednesday, June 26.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from June 18, 2019
- MNUFC Topples Reigning Open Cup Champ Houston in Round of 16 - Minnesota United FC
- Atlanta United Advances to USOC Quarterfinals with 3-2 Win over Columbus - Atlanta United FC
- Houston's Open Cup Title Defense Ends with 3-2 Loss to Minnesota United FC - Houston Dynamo
- Timbers Weekly Update: June 18, 2019 - Portland Timbers
- Houston Dynamo Sign Kyle Adams and Carlos Small to Short-Term Agreements - Houston Dynamo
- Frisco Native and "The Voice" Season 16 Winner Maelyn Jarmon Added to National Soccer Hall of Fame Concert Lineup - FC Dallas
- #FCDvNM: 5Things You Need to Know About the Match - FC Dallas
- Game Preview: New England Revolution at Orlando City SC - New England Revolution
- Telemundo 48 to Air Three 2019 Earthquakes MLS Matches - San Jose Earthquakes
- Orlando City Hosts New England in U.S. Open Cup Round of 16 - Orlando City SC
- Earthquakes to Host Eighth Annual Wine and Dine Event August 25 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Minnesota United FC vs. Houston Dynamo US Open Cup Preview - Minnesota United FC
- Lodeiro, Antuna Among MLS Players Shining at International Tournaments - This Week in MLS - MLS
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Jose Earthquakes Stories
- Earthquakes 2020 Home Opener Set for February 29 vs. Toronto FC
- Stage Set for 2019 NCAA Women's College Cup at Avaya Stadium
- Earthquakes, Verizon to Offer Fans Enhanced Matchday Experience
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: November 25, 2019
- Earthquakes Announce Roster Moves Ahead of 2020 MLS Season