Tax-Free Weekend At Hook, Line & Sinker
CORPUS CHRISTI -- Hook, Line & Sinker, official retail store of the Corpus Christi Hooks Baseball Club, will participate in Texas' state-wide tax-free weekend, Ryan-Sanders Baseball retail director Brooke Milam announced Wednesday.
Hook, Line & Sinker is located near the Right Field entrance of Whataburger Field. The store opens at 10 a.m. Friday and 11 a.m. Saturday and Sunday. Fans can enjoy shopping for the widest selection of authentic Hooks gear anywhere each day and night. The store remains open for the convenience of patrons during games, which get underway Friday and Saturday at 7:05 and Sunday at 6:05.
"Our fans will be able to buy most caps, clothes and footwear priced under $100 tax-free during the three-day period," Milam explained. "In addition to providing relief from the 6.25 percent state sales tax, we're also wiping off the 2 percent local sales tax."
Milam added a list of current inventory items subject to tax-free purchases.
"Many people know we carry caps, shirts, jerseys, shorts and jackets," Milam said. "We also have baby clothes, girl's dresses, sandals, socks and sweatshirts. This is a wonderful opportunity for parents to take advantage of significant savings on most of these items."
For additional information, contact Hook, Line & Sinker at 361-561-4700.
• Discuss this story on the Texas League message board...
Texas League Stories from August 16, 2007
- Travelers Rally Late Edge Hooks - Corpus Christi Hooks
- Mayberry Slugs Drillers - Tulsa Drillers
- Frisco Moves Back Into First - Frisco RoughRiders
- Cards and Missions Rained Out on Thursday - Springfield Cardinals
- Missions Game vs. Springfield Cardinals Postponed - San Antonio Missions
- Wranglers Schedule Change - Wichita Wranglers
- Tax-Free Weekend At Hook, Line & Sinker - Corpus Christi Hooks
- Travs Open Trip With 7-4 Loss At C.C. - Arkansas Travelers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.