Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Goaltender Amir Miftakhov to Syracuse Crunch
SYRACUSE, N.Y. - The Tampa Bay Lightning have reassigned goaltender Amir Miftakhov to the Syracuse Crunch from the Orlando Solar Bears of the ECHL, Crunch General Manager Stacy Roest announced today. Additionally, the Crunch have signed goaltender Corbin Kaczperski to a PTO.
Miftakhov, 21, has appeared in two games with the Solar Bears posting a 1-1-0 record with a 2.02 goals-against average and .939 save percentage. He has also played in 12 games with the Crunch this season tallying a 3-4-2 record with a 2.65 goals-against average and .907 save percentage. Last season, the 6-foot, 172-pound netminder appeared in seven games with the Kazan Ak-Bars of the KHL recording a 4-2-0 record with a 2.25 goals-against average and .917 save percentage. He also posted a 2.31 goals-against average and .886 save percentage in two games with Kazan during the 2019-20 season.
Miftakhov was selected by the Tampa Bay Lightning in the sixth round, 186th overall, at the 2020 NHL Draft.
Kaczperski, 25, has played in 10 games with the Iowa Heartlanders of the ECHL this season earning a 4-4-1 record with a 2.27 goals-against average and .937 save percentage. The 6-foot-3, 194-pound netminder has also skated nine games with Vermilion County Bobcats of the SPHL posting a 5.09 goals-against average and .877 save percentage with a 1-5-2 record.
Prior to his professional career, Kaczperski spent one season at the University of Denver appearing in nine games during the 2020-21 season where he recorded a 2.77 goals-against average and .868 save percentage with a 3-2-1 record. He also spent three seasons with Yale University from 2017 to 2020 earning a 29-22-4 record.
Single game tickets and ticket packages for the 2021-22 season are on sale now and can be purchased in person at the Crunch office located inside the Upstate Medical University Arena at Onondaga County War Memorial at 800 S. State St. in Syracuse, by calling the office at 315-473-4444 or online through Ticketmaster.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 25, 2022
- Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Falls at Hershey, 6-2 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Bears Score Six Unanswered, Beat Penguins 6-2 - Hershey Bears
- Comets Win Battle of Division Leaders against Bruins - Utica Comets
- IceHogs Welcome Stars for a "Cold One" Tonight on $2 Bud Light Friday Copy - Rockford IceHogs
- Stay the Course - Stockton Heat
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Goaltender Amir Miftakhov to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Bears Sign Rymsha to AHL Contract - Hershey Bears
- Syracuse Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Barratt Returns, Regula and Morrison Miss Time - Rockford IceHogs
- Sixth Annual "Pink the Rink" Fight Cancer Together Night Set for Saturday against Utica - Rochester Americans
- Griffins Conclude January Schedule against Milwaukee, Chicago - Grand Rapids Griffins
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 15 - Bridgeport Islanders
- Checkers Sign Jacob Friend and Jordan Sambrook to PTOs - Charlotte Checkers
- Penguins Weekly - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Blues Assign Joshua, Toropchenko, Rosen to T-Birds - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Game Preview - January 25 at Hershey - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Goaltender Schmid Recalled from Utica - Utica Comets
- Game Preview: Penguins at Bears, 7 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.