Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Byron Froese, Joel Vermin to Syracuse
SYRACUSE, N.Y. - The Tampa Bay Lightning have reassigned forwards Byron Froese and Joel Vermin to the Syracuse Crunch, Lightning vice president and general manager Steve Yzerman announced today.
Froese, 26, has skated in six NHL games this season, including four with the Lightning, recording five penalty minutes. He made his Lightning debut on March 13 at the New York Rangers. Froese has skated in 62 career NHL games, recording two goals and five points.
The Winkler, Manitoba native has also played in two games with Syracuse since being acquired by Tampa Bay from the Toronto Maple Leafs on February 27. With the Crunch, he has recorded two goals and three points on six shots on goal. Froese skated in 48 games with the Marlies this season before the trade, posting 24 goals and 39 points to go along with 18 penalty minutes. At the time, Froese paced the Marlies for both goals and points. He's appeared in 197 career AHL games, registering 51 goals and 104 points to go along with 83 penalty minutes.
Froese was originally drafted by the Chicago Blackhawks in the fourth round, 119th overall, at the 2009 NHL Draft.
Vermin, 25, has played in 43 games with the Crunch this season, collecting 12 goals and 28 points to go along with 17 penalty minutes. The 5-foot-11,192-pound forward ranks tied for fourth on Syracuse with four power-play goals. Vermin has appeared in 161 career AHL games, all with the Crunch over the past four seasons, collecting 34 goals and 83 points to go along with 39 penalty minutes.
The Bern, Switzerland native has also skated in 11 games with the Lightning this season, recording three assists and a plus-3 rating. Vermin has played in 17 career NHL games, all with the Bolts over the past two seasons, notching four assists and two penalty minutes.
Vermin was originally drafted by Tampa Bay in the seventh round, 186th overall, at the 2013 NHL Draft.
Syracuse Crunch single game and season tickets for the 2016-17 season are on sale now and can be purchased either in person at the Crunch office located in the War Memorial Arena at 800 S. State St. in Syracuse or by calling the office at 315-473-4444. For the latest Crunch news, visit www.syracusecrunch.com or follow the club on Facebook (www.facebook.com/syracusecrunch), Twitter (@SyracuseCrunch) and Instagram (@syracusecrunch) using #SyrCrunch, #WeAreOne and #BLUnited.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 19, 2017
- Admirals Score Four in Second Period, Top Griffins 6-3 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Second Period Propels Admirals to Win - Milwaukee Admirals
- Flames Sign Prospects Ryan Lomberg And Tyler Parsons to Entry Level Contracts - Stockton Heat
- P-Bruins Third Period Rally Falls Short in 5-2 Loss - Providence Bruins
- Sound Tigers Strike First But Fall to Hershey 3-1 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Comets Dominate Bruins Early, Win 5-2 - Utica Comets
- Rampage Reassign Defenseman Justin Hamonic to Colorado Eagles - San Antonio Rampage
- Coyotes Recall Michalek and Dauphin from Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Syracuse Crunch Release Daniel Doremus from PTO - Syracuse Crunch
- Red Wings Recall Nosek - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Byron Froese, Joel Vermin to Syracuse - Syracuse Crunch
- Condors Sweep Tucson with 4-3 Win - Bakersfield Condors
- Griffins Edge Wolves in Overtime, 3-2 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Manitoba Moose Recap: Rockford 3 at Manitoba 5 - Manitoba Moose
- Connor, Moose Cruise by Hogs - Rockford IceHogs
- Gulls Rally to 4-3 Shootout Victory over Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
- Griffins Skin Wolves Again in Overtime - Chicago Wolves
- Admirals Fall to Wild in Iowa - Milwaukee Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.