Red Wings Recall Nosek
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. - The Detroit Red Wings on Sunday recalled forward Tomas Nosek from the Grand Rapids Griffins.
Nosek, 24, has skated in 49 games with the Griffins this season and ranks among the team's leaders with 40 points (T4th), 15 goals (6th), 25 assists (3rd), 24 power play points (T2nd) and seven power play goals (3rd).
Nosek has appeared in six career games with the Wings, all coming last season, and recorded two PIM. He became the 152nd Griffins alumnus to play in the NHL when he debuted with Detroit on Dec. 26, 2015 at Nashville.
In his third season as a Griffin, the 6-foot-3, 210-pound center has played in 174 games in Grand Rapids since 2014 and accounted for 104 points (41-63 - 104), a plus-47 rating and 97 PIM. Nosek's plus-47 career rating currently ties for ninth in franchise history. Appearing in 21 Calder Cup Playoff contests, Nosek has added eight points (3-5 - 8) and 10 PIM.
Prior to coming to North America, Nosek played three seasons with his hometown club - HC Pardubice of the Czech ExtraLiga. From 2011-14, he appeared in 129 games, posting 62 points (24-38 - 62) and 58 PIM and helped Pardubice win the 2011-12 league championship.
Nosek captained the Czech Republic at the 2012 IIHF World Junior Championship and picked up one assist in six games.
The Central Division-leading Griffins travel to Milwaukee to play the Admirals today at 6 p.m. EDT.
Single-game tickets are currently on sale. Fans can secure their full-season, select-season or group ticket packages by calling (616) 774-4585 ext. 2 or visit griffinshockey.com for more information.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 19, 2017
- Admirals Score Four in Second Period, Top Griffins 6-3 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Second Period Propels Admirals to Win - Milwaukee Admirals
- Flames Sign Prospects Ryan Lomberg And Tyler Parsons to Entry Level Contracts - Stockton Heat
- P-Bruins Third Period Rally Falls Short in 5-2 Loss - Providence Bruins
- Sound Tigers Strike First But Fall to Hershey 3-1 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Comets Dominate Bruins Early, Win 5-2 - Utica Comets
- Rampage Reassign Defenseman Justin Hamonic to Colorado Eagles - San Antonio Rampage
- Coyotes Recall Michalek and Dauphin from Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Syracuse Crunch Release Daniel Doremus from PTO - Syracuse Crunch
- Red Wings Recall Nosek - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Byron Froese, Joel Vermin to Syracuse - Syracuse Crunch
- Condors Sweep Tucson with 4-3 Win - Bakersfield Condors
- Griffins Edge Wolves in Overtime, 3-2 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Manitoba Moose Recap: Rockford 3 at Manitoba 5 - Manitoba Moose
- Connor, Moose Cruise by Hogs - Rockford IceHogs
- Gulls Rally to 4-3 Shootout Victory over Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
- Griffins Skin Wolves Again in Overtime - Chicago Wolves
- Admirals Fall to Wild in Iowa - Milwaukee Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.