Connor, Moose Cruise by Hogs
Winnipeg, Manitoba - Two early third period goals by Manitoba's Kyle Connor made the difference as the Rockford IceHogs dropped a 5-3 contest to the Manitoba Moose at the MTS Centre on Saturday night.
Rockford trailed 3-1 entering the third period, but Connor snapped a wrist shot into the top right corner of the net 59 seconds into the frame and followed it up with a 5-on-3 goal at 2:19 to post his 20th and 21st goals of the season and boost the Moose to a 5-1 lead.
Despite the deficit, the IceHogs battled back in the contest to eventually cut the score to 5-3 by the time the final horn sounded. Jake Dowell tapped home a rebound at 14:00 that saw defenseman Luc Snuggerud tally his first professional point with an assist on the play, and Tyler Motte added a final tally with 14 seconds remaining to extend his point streak to three games (1g-3a-4pts).
Luke Johnson also scored for Rockford, netting his seventh goal of the season with less than a second on the clock in the second period with assists to Motte and Michael Latta. The tally cut the Manitoba advantage to 3-1.
The Moose opened up the game with a goal from Ryan Olsen in the first period, capitalizing on a defensive zone turnover. Dan DeSalvo and Jack Roslovic each scored in the second frame to help the Moose jump out to a 3-0 lead over Rockford.
Next Home Game: Saturday, March 25 vs. Grand Rapids, 7 p.m. The IceHogs host Country Night with the first 1,500 fans in attendance receiving a cowboy boot mug, courtesy of Pepsi and Dusty Boots. The Hogs will also host their fourth annual Sock Drive with donations benefitting Project Undershare.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 19, 2017
- Admirals Score Four in Second Period, Top Griffins 6-3 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Second Period Propels Admirals to Win - Milwaukee Admirals
- Flames Sign Prospects Ryan Lomberg And Tyler Parsons to Entry Level Contracts - Stockton Heat
- P-Bruins Third Period Rally Falls Short in 5-2 Loss - Providence Bruins
- Sound Tigers Strike First But Fall to Hershey 3-1 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Comets Dominate Bruins Early, Win 5-2 - Utica Comets
- Rampage Reassign Defenseman Justin Hamonic to Colorado Eagles - San Antonio Rampage
- Coyotes Recall Michalek and Dauphin from Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Syracuse Crunch Release Daniel Doremus from PTO - Syracuse Crunch
- Red Wings Recall Nosek - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Byron Froese, Joel Vermin to Syracuse - Syracuse Crunch
- Condors Sweep Tucson with 4-3 Win - Bakersfield Condors
- Griffins Edge Wolves in Overtime, 3-2 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Manitoba Moose Recap: Rockford 3 at Manitoba 5 - Manitoba Moose
- Connor, Moose Cruise by Hogs - Rockford IceHogs
- Gulls Rally to 4-3 Shootout Victory over Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
- Griffins Skin Wolves Again in Overtime - Chicago Wolves
- Admirals Fall to Wild in Iowa - Milwaukee Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.