Connor, Moose Cruise by Hogs
Winnipeg, Manitoba - Two early third period goals by Manitoba's Kyle Connor made the difference as the Rockford IceHogs dropped a 5-3 contest to the Manitoba Moose at the MTS Centre on Saturday night.
Rockford trailed 3-1 entering the third period, but Connor snapped a wrist shot into the top right corner of the net 59 seconds into the frame and followed it up with a 5-on-3 goal at 2:19 to post his 20th and 21st goals of the season and boost the Moose to a 5-1 lead.
Despite the deficit, the IceHogs battled back in the contest to eventually cut the score to 5-3 by the time the final horn sounded. Jake Dowell tapped home a rebound at 14:00 that saw defenseman Luc Snuggerud tally his first professional point with an assist on the play, and Tyler Motte added a final tally with 14 seconds remaining to extend his point streak to three games (1g-3a-4pts).
Luke Johnson also scored for Rockford, netting his seventh goal of the season with less than a second on the clock in the second period with assists to Motte and Michael Latta. The tally cut the Manitoba advantage to 3-1.
The Moose opened up the game with a goal from Ryan Olsen in the first period, capitalizing on a defensive zone turnover. Dan DeSalvo and Jack Roslovic each scored in the second frame to help the Moose jump out to a 3-0 lead over Rockford.
Next Home Game: Saturday, March 25 vs. Grand Rapids, 7 p.m. The IceHogs host Country Night with the first 1,500 fans in attendance receiving a cowboy boot mug, courtesy of Pepsi and Dusty Boots. The Hogs will also host their fourth annual Sock Drive with donations benefitting Project Undershare.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 19, 2017
- Admirals Score Four in Second Period, Top Griffins 6-3 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Second Period Propels Admirals to Win - Milwaukee Admirals
- Flames Sign Prospects Ryan Lomberg And Tyler Parsons to Entry Level Contracts - Stockton Heat
- P-Bruins Third Period Rally Falls Short in 5-2 Loss - Providence Bruins
- Sound Tigers Strike First But Fall to Hershey 3-1 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Comets Dominate Bruins Early, Win 5-2 - Utica Comets
- Rampage Reassign Defenseman Justin Hamonic to Colorado Eagles - San Antonio Rampage
- Coyotes Recall Michalek and Dauphin from Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Syracuse Crunch Release Daniel Doremus from PTO - Syracuse Crunch
- Red Wings Recall Nosek - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Byron Froese, Joel Vermin to Syracuse - Syracuse Crunch
- Condors Sweep Tucson with 4-3 Win - Bakersfield Condors
- Griffins Edge Wolves in Overtime, 3-2 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Manitoba Moose Recap: Rockford 3 at Manitoba 5 - Manitoba Moose
- Connor, Moose Cruise by Hogs - Rockford IceHogs
- Gulls Rally to 4-3 Shootout Victory over Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
- Griffins Skin Wolves Again in Overtime - Chicago Wolves
- Admirals Fall to Wild in Iowa - Milwaukee Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rockford IceHogs Stories
- IceHogs Announce Two Date Changes for 2018-19 Season
- Celebrate Rockford Day with $8.15 Tickets to 2018-19 Home Opener
- IceHogs Agree to Terms with Terry Broadhurst, Neil Manning
- Last Chance to Enter the Anything That Floats Race this Sunday
- Chill out with the IceHogs at the Boone County Fair