Syracuse Crunch Release Daniel Doremus from PTO
SYRACUSE, N.Y. - The Syracuse Crunch have released forward Daniel Doremus from his professional try-out contract, Crunch general manager Julien BriseBois announced.
Doremus, 25, appeared in one game with the Crunch since signing a PTO with the team on March 17. He has skated in 50 games with the Manchester Monarchs of the ECHL this season posting 41 points (8g, 33a). During the 2015-16 season, the 6-foot, 200-pound forward appeared in 20 games with the San Jose Barracuda, earning one goal and two assists. He also played in 11 contests with the Allen Americans putting up a goal and two helpers.
The Aspen, Colorado native has skated in 26 career AHL games with the Crunch, Barracuda and Worcester Sharks. Prior to his professional career, Doremus spent four seasons with the University of Denver from 2011 to 2015 where he tallied 90 points (36g, 54a) in 158 games.
Syracuse Crunch single game and season tickets for the 2016-17 season are on sale now and can be purchased either in person at the Crunch office located in the War Memorial Arena at 800 S. State St. in Syracuse or by calling the office at 315-473-4444. For the latest Crunch news, visit www.syracusecrunch.com or follow the club on Facebook (www.facebook.com/syracusecrunch), Twitter (@SyracuseCrunch) and Instagram (@syracusecrunch) using #SyrCrunch, #WeAreOne and #BLUnited.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 19, 2017
- Admirals Score Four in Second Period, Top Griffins 6-3 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Second Period Propels Admirals to Win - Milwaukee Admirals
- Flames Sign Prospects Ryan Lomberg And Tyler Parsons to Entry Level Contracts - Stockton Heat
- P-Bruins Third Period Rally Falls Short in 5-2 Loss - Providence Bruins
- Sound Tigers Strike First But Fall to Hershey 3-1 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Comets Dominate Bruins Early, Win 5-2 - Utica Comets
- Rampage Reassign Defenseman Justin Hamonic to Colorado Eagles - San Antonio Rampage
- Coyotes Recall Michalek and Dauphin from Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Syracuse Crunch Release Daniel Doremus from PTO - Syracuse Crunch
- Red Wings Recall Nosek - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Byron Froese, Joel Vermin to Syracuse - Syracuse Crunch
- Condors Sweep Tucson with 4-3 Win - Bakersfield Condors
- Griffins Edge Wolves in Overtime, 3-2 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Manitoba Moose Recap: Rockford 3 at Manitoba 5 - Manitoba Moose
- Connor, Moose Cruise by Hogs - Rockford IceHogs
- Gulls Rally to 4-3 Shootout Victory over Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
- Griffins Skin Wolves Again in Overtime - Chicago Wolves
- Admirals Fall to Wild in Iowa - Milwaukee Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Syracuse Crunch Stories
- Crunch Topped by Amerks, 4-3
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Defensemen Matthew Spencer to Syracuse Crunch, Oleg Sosunov to Orlando Solar Bears
- Crunch Shutout Devils, 5-0
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Forward Otto Somppi to Orlando Solar Bears
- Syracuse Crunch Sign Defenseman Nolan Valleau to AHL Contract