Tails Wilson Signs with Twins
Mandan Flickertails left handed pitcher John Wilson officially signed with the Minnesota Twins baseball club according to Flickertails head coach Kyle MacKinnon's twitter account on Monday.
Wilson, 23, had an outstanding season in the Northwoods League with the Flickertails, finishing his time with a 0.00 ERA in 22 innings pitched. The lefty struck out 19 batters and walked only two.
The Old Dominion pitcher played for the school since 2017 when he was a freshman, but missed his 2018 season with Tommy John surgery. Wilson was a Conference USA All-Freshman in 2017 with a 3.41 ERA in 12 starts. Wilson's 2020 season with Old Dominion saw him pitch 8.2 innings with a 1.04 ERA.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from August 5, 2020
- Spitters Sweep Resorters - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Growlers Pitching Delivers Pair of Shutouts, Wins over MacDaddies in Doubleheader - Kalamazoo Growlers
- Wednesday Doubleheader Postponed - Kenosha Kingfish
- Pitching, Defense Shine, But Honkers Walked off by Waterloo - Rochester Honkers
- Rafters and Loggers Meet up Wednesday at Witter - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Larks, Bull Moose and Flickertails Sign New Players - Bismarck Larks
- Rivets Resume Play Thursday - Rockford Rivets
- Tails Wilson Signs with Twins - Mandan Flickertails
- Former Mankato MoonDog Joey Gerber Debuts with the Mariners - Northwoods
- Pitching Tosses 8-0 Shutout to Help Spiders to Eighth Consecutive Win - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Pitching Shines Through Rain in 9-1 Win - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Rochester Trounced by Waterloo in Blowout Loss - Rochester Honkers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.