T-Birds Select Right Wing Tim Stutzle in CHL Import Draft
KENT - The Seattle Thunderbirds selected right wing Tim Stutzle from Germany in the annual CHL Import Draft today.
Stutzle is from Viersen, Germany, and was selected in the first round with the 19th overall selection.
"We are excited to add a player with high end offensive talent," said general manager Bil La Forge.
Stutzle, a 2002 birth year player, played 21 games for Junglader Manheim in the German U20 league last season and had 23 goals and 32 assists for 55 points.
Stutzle represented Germany at four international tournaments last season. With the U17 team he had two goals and five assists in four games.
He won a gold medal with Germany at the U18 Division 1 tournament, was voted Best Forward of the tournament and had a tournament leading seven assists. In five games at the U18 tournament he had two goals and seven assists for nine points.
Stutzle played five games with the German U20 team at the World Junior Championship Division 1 tournament and had four goals and five assists for nine points.
Every CHL team is allowed a maximum of two non-North American players on their roster each season. These players must be drafted in the CHL Import Draft held each summer to be eligible to play.
The T-Birds now have three Import players on the roster. Right wing Andrej Kukuca and defenseman Simon Kubicek were selected in the 2018 Import Draft. The T-Birds will have to get down to the league mandated two Import players by the start of the season.
The two-round draft took place online with the order of selection rotating through each of the CHL's three leagues using an inverse order of final regular season standings within each league from the 2018-19 season.
The T-Birds announced their 2019-20 regular season schedule on Wednesday. The home opener for the 2019-20 regular season is Saturday, September 21, at accesso ShoWare Center at 6:05pm against the Kamloops Blazers.
Sunday, June 30 is the deadline to receive two FREE tickets to the T-Birds Home Opener. T-Birds fans who purchase a 24-Flex Ticket Package before the June 30 deadline will receive two FREE tickets to the Home Opener against Kamloops. For more information, or to order the 24-Flex Package, call the T-Birds at 253-239-7825 or purchase online.
T-Birds single game tickets for the 2019-20 regular season will go on sale August 21 at 10am online on the T-Birds website and at the accesso ShoWare Center box office.
T-Birds season tickets for the 2019-20 regular season are currently on sale. Season tickets can be purchased by calling the T-Birds office at 253-239-7825.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from June 27, 2019
- Silvertips Select Center Michal Gut of the Czech Republic in the 2019 CHL Import Draft at 57th Overall - Everett Silvertips
- Americans Take Two in CHL Import Draft - Tri-City Americans
- Rebels Select Puck-Moving Finnish Defenceman in CHL Import Draft - Red Deer Rebels
- Pats Ink Goaltender Matthew Kieper - Regina Pats
- Season Tickets on Sale Now - Medicine Hat Tigers
- WHL Clubs Select 30 Players from Eight Nations in 2019 CHL Import Draft - WHL
- Jarvis Invited to Hockey Canada Selection Camp - Portland Winterhawks
- Winterhawks Pick up Two at Import Draft - Portland Winterhawks
- Blazers Sign Dylan Ernst and Tye Spencer - Kamloops Blazers
- Hitmen Select Two Players in 2019 CHL Import Draft - Calgary Hitmen
- Blades Make Two Selections in 2019 Import Draft - Saskatoon Blades
- Rockets select Novak and Gutik at 2019 CHL Import Draft - Kelowna Rockets
- T-Birds Select Right Wing Tim Stutzle in CHL Import Draft - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Wheat Kings Select Two at 2019 CHL Import Draft - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Hurricanes Select Okuliar in CHL Import Draft - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Spokane Takes Russian Defenseman Startsev with 103rd Overall Import Pick - Spokane Chiefs
- Winnipeg ICE Select Michal Teply, Nino Kinder Fourth and 64th Overall Respectively in 2019 CHL Import Draft - Winnipeg Ice
- Giants Select 2002-Born Defenceman Samuel Knazko in CHL Import Draft - Vancouver Giants
- Oil Kings Select Seppala in 2019 CHL Import Draft - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Cougars Select Czech Forward in CHL Import Draft - Prince George Cougars
- Raiders Select Kechkin in CHL Import Draft - Prince Albert Raiders
- Tigers Select Brinkman Andersen in CHL Import Draft - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Chiefs Pick Los Angeles Kings Prospect Lukas Parik in Import Draft - Spokane Chiefs
- Swift Current Broncos Select Finnish Defenceman Kasper Puutio with 1st Pick in CHL Draft - Swift Current Broncos
- Dave Chyzowski to Join Delta Hockey Academy - Kamloops Blazers
- Blazers Select Defenseman Inaki Baragano in the CHL Import Draft - Kamloops Blazers
- Royals Select Keanu Derungs in CHL Import Draft - Victoria Royals
- Pats Take Daniil Gushchin Seventh Overall in 2019 CHL Import Draft - Regina Pats
- We Have an Early Bird Grand Prize Winner - Brandon Wheat Kings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.