Swamp Rabbits Complete Future Considerations Trades
GREENVILLE, S.C. - The Greenville Swamp Rabbits have made the following transactions to complete future considerations trades throughout the 2019-20 season:
The Swamp Rabbits have acquired defenseman Jimmy Mazza from the Reading Royals as part of future considerations that changed hands five separate times. To complete the trade for forward Cédric Lacroix from the Wheeling Nailers, the Nailers have chosen to acquire defenseman Chad Duchesne from the Swamp Rabbits. To complete the trade for forward Mathieu Foget from the Brampton Beast, the Beast have chosen to acquire defenseman Cameron Heath from the Swamp Rabbits.
Mazza has 19 pro games under his belt, all spent in Berks County, Pennsylvania. He has posted an assist, 19 penalty minutes, and a plus-two rating in that span.
The New York native was one of the Golden Griffins' best scoring defenseman, finishing fourth in scoring with 68 points in Canisius' Division I tenure. He also excelled in the classroom as a three-time Atlantic Hockey All-Academic selection. That excellence also dated back to his time with the PAL Junior Islanders of the USPHL where he was Defensive Player of the Year in 2015 as captain of the team.
Duchesne departs the Swamp Rabbits organization with the fourth-most games played all time in Greenville hockey history (237). In four seasons with the team, the Ontario native posted 48 points (6 goals, 42 assists). He set a career high in points in a single season (19) during the 2018-19 season. He started his pro career after playing two seasons with his hometown Kingston Frontenacs.
Heath joined the Swamp Rabbits from the Nailers and put up five points in 17 games in the Upstate. The disciplined defenseman has only taken three minor penalties across 40 pro games at the ECHL level.
Support the Swamp Rabbits and get the best price on tickets for the 2020-21 season. Take part in team events and get some sweet benefits, starting at just $450 per seat, or just $12.50 per game.
Images from this story
Defenseman Jimmy Mazza with the Reading Royals
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from June 12, 2020
- Swamp Rabbits Complete Future Considerations Trades - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Royals Finalize Future Considerations Deals - Reading Royals
- McGrath Traded to Indy to Complete Deal - Utah Grizzlies
- Everblades Nominated for Five ECHL Awards - Florida Everblades
- Beast Announce Pair of Future Considerations Deals - Brampton Beast
- Nailers Complete Future Considerations Trades - Wheeling Nailers
- Cyclones Complete Trio of Futures Deals - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Royals, Olivet Boys & Girls Club Form Royals Kids Club Partnership - Reading Royals
- Royals to Host Online Coaches Clinic June 29-30 - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Greenville Swamp Rabbits Stories
- Single Game Tickets on Sale Now
- Swamp Rabbits Align with Florida Panthers, Remain Partnered with Charlotte Checkers
- Dynamic Forward Liam Pecararo Rejoins for '20-21
- Swamp Rabbits Ink Goaltender John Lethemon
- Greenville Battles South Carolina Stingrays in Lone Exhibition Tilt