Sunday January 29 Is Oilers Family Fun Day at the BOK Center
OFF TO A FAST START: The Tulsa Oilers jumped out to a quick 2-0 record to start the season with wins over the weekend against Allen and Texas. Tulsa routed the Americans 4-1 on Friday night, and then spoiled the Texas home opener with a 3-0 win over the Brahmas. The Oilers are 2-0 for the second straight year and for just the third time since 2002.
STEFFES AND QUEBEC BOYS LEAD THE WAY: The line of Gary Steffes, Michel Beausoleil, and Patrik Levesque combined for five goals and seven assists through the first two contests. Steffes, a CHL All-Rookie selection last season, had a Gordie Howe hat trick against Allen with a goal, an assist, and a fight. A native of Trois-Rivieres, Quebec, Levesque (luh-VECK) was a key offseason acquisition for the Oilers and wasted no time making his presence felt in the line-up with a goal and two assists in the win over Allen and an empty net marker to seal the victory over Texas. Beausoleil, a Montreal native, scored a power play goal in the second period in Allen, and leads all Oilers with three assists. Levesque and Steffes lead the CHL in the plus-minus category with a +4 rating while goalie Ian Keserich stopped 63 of the 64 shots he faced and registered his fifth career CHL shutout.
HOME OPENER THIS WEEKEND: The Oilers will begin their 20th season of CHL hockey in Tulsa on Friday, October 28th when they host the Wichita Thunder at 7:35pm. Fans will receive a special 20th Anniversary magnet schedule and ladies will receive discounted tickets. The rivalry between the Oilers and the Thunder is the oldest in the CHL as both clubs were part of the original CHL which was founded in 1992.
The Brahmas visit the BOK Center on Saturday, October 29th at 7:35pm as Texas takes on Tulsa for the second time in the span of a week. Fans will have another opportunity to receive 20th Anniversary magnet schedules as the Oilers try to make it two straight wins over the Brahmas.
Tickets for every Tulsa Oilers home game are available by calling 918-632-PUCK (7825) or by logging on to ( http://www.tulsaoilers.com/uncategorized/%20)
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from January 28, 2012
- Oilers Drop Overtime Decision to Thunder - Tulsa Oilers
- Brahmas Snag First OT Win of Season - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Sundogs Special Teams Drop Komets in 6-3win - Arizona Sundogs
- Blaze Double up Rush 4-2 - Rapid City Rush
- Martens Scores OT Goal to Give Wichita Win Against Tulsa - Wichita Thunder
- Mavs Lose to Mallards, 8-3 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mallards Stomp Missouri 8-3, Complete Sweep - Quad City Mallards
- Bucks Fall to Brahmas in Overtime - Laredo Bucks
- Bees Shut Out Americans 3-0 - Allen Americans
- Blaze Score Three Straight to Slow Rush - Bloomington Blaze
- Murray Perfect, Bees Shutout Allen 3-0 - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Central Hockey League Announces Suspension - CHL
- Killer Bees Sign Ryan Warsofsky - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Sunday January 29 Is Oilers Family Fun Day at the BOK Center - Tulsa Oilers
- Dayton Gems Gameday - Gems "Jam It for Jimmy" Tonight - Dayton Gems
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.