Sumner Scores 26 as Herd Rallies in Wisconsin
Oshkosh, Wis. - The Wisconsin Herd (10-30) defeated the Fort Wayne Mad Ants, 101-99, at the Menominee Nation Arena on Friday night.
Indiana Pacers assignee Edmond Sumner led the Mad Ants (19-22) in scoring with 26 points to go along with four assists and two rebounds.
Omari Johnson hoisted an open three pointer in the final seconds after shaking off a defender, and Rob Gray's attempted layup off the miss did not fall as time expired. Johnson ended the night with 10 points and seven rebounds.
Gray added 19 points and five rebounds off the bench.
Fort Wayne clamped down defensively to open the night on Wisconsin and took a 49-38 lead into the locker room. Sumner chipped in 16 of his 26 points in the first half, while Wisconsin went 0-for-10 from the three point line in the first 24 minutes.
Out of the halftime break, Xavier Munford and Shevon Thompson began to lead Wisconsin's comeback attempt. Munford pitched in 12 of his 24 points out of the locker room to give Wisconsin a one-point lead heading into the final quarter.
Robert Johnson's 10 points and Wisconsin's 56 percent shooting in the fourth quarter helped Wisconsin rally for its first win of the season against Fort Wayne. Johnson finished with 18 points off the bench for Wisconsin.
Thompson capped off the night with 32 points and a game-high 18 rebounds for the Herd.
The Mad Ants head east to take on Delaware on Monday night, while Wisconsin will welcome Westchester to town tomorrow night.
Tickets are available for the next Mad Ants home game on Friday, March 8 for "Faith & Family Night" by visiting ftwaynemadants.com or calling 260-469-4667.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 1, 2019
- Second Half Surge Sends Santa Cruz Warriors Past Memphis Hustle - Memphis Hustle
- George King Ties Career-High in Suns' Loss to Blue - Northern Arizona Suns
- Sumner Scores 26 as Herd Rallies in Wisconsin - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Herd Overcomes First Half Deficit to Beat Mad Ants - Wisconsin Herd
- Thornton, Drive Blitz Skyforce in 107-91 Victory - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Windy City Upsets Lakeland 130-102 - Windy City Bulls
- Hot Start Helps Drive Top Skyforce - Grand Rapids Drive
- Blue Coats Drop Meeting in Maine - Delaware Blue Coats
- Red Claws Dominate Blue Coats for 3rd Straight Win - Maine Red Claws
- Westchester Visits Wisconsin for Third Meeting - Westchester Knicks
- Head Coach Joseph Blair Earns NBA G League Monthly Honors - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Superhero Night Friday, March 8 - Salt Lake City Stars
- Stockton Kings Celebrate Mascot Dunkson's Birthday with Pizza Party Themed Game Sponsored by Round Table Pizza - Stockton Kings
- BJ Johnson Signs 10-Day Contract with Atlanta Hawks - Lakeland Magic
- Not Our First Rodeo: NAZ Suns Open Online Auction for Uniforms - Northern Arizona Suns
- Kings Recall Caleb Swanigan from Stockton Kings - Stockton Kings
- San Antonio Recalls Chimezie Metu from Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Hornets Recall Dwayne Bacon from Greensboro Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
- Stockton Kings Defeat South Bay Lakers for Fifth Straight Win - Stockton Kings
- Acy Grabs 29-Point Double-Double - Texas Legends
- South Bay Drops Road Contest in Stockton - South Bay Lakers
- Clippers Inch Closer to Playoffs, Take Down Legends - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Austin Spurs Fall to Rio Grande Valley Vipers 128-113 - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fort Wayne Mad Ants Stories
- Mad Ants Announce Priority Dates for 2019-20 Regular Season Schedule, Mini Plan Available for $75
- NBA G League International Challenge Presented by Antel Heads to Uruguay for the First Time
- Mad Ants Partner with Renaissance Pointe YMCA, in Conjunction with Fort Wayne UNITED, for Summer Celebration 2019
- Indiana Fever Announce 20 Towns for 20 Seasons Tour
- Drive Hold off Mad Ants in Regular Season Finale