Stoeckinger's Start Not Enough in Loss
LEXINGTON, KY - Jackson Stoeckinger spun six innings of one-run baseball in Hagerstown's 3-1 loss to the Lexington Legends Saturday night at Whitaker Bank Ballpark.
The lefty exited the game tied 1-1 before handing the ball to Chandler Day (L, 3-4). Day entered the game and allowed a single to Eric Cole and walked Nick Hutchins before getting the first out of the seventh on a Rubendy Jaquez sacrifice bunt. Brhet Bewley broke the game open for Lexington (56-61, 19-29) with a two RBI single to center field to mark the difference in the game.
Both starters looked strong, as Charlie Neuweiler (W, 5-9) twirled seven innings allowing just three hits while fanning nine.
After Neuweiler left the game, Andres Nunez entered for a six out save where he punched out four Suns (53-65, 23-25) batters.
Hagerstown's lone run scored in the second after catcher Israel Pineda lifted a one-out single to center. Next, Nic Perkins roped a double to right to score him and put the Suns in front 1-0.
Tomorrow, the Suns finish their series with the Legends at 2:05 at Whitaker Bank Ballpark. RHP Tomas Alastre (4-11, 6.09 ERA) toes the rubber for Hagerstown while Lexington has yet to name their starter.
Hagerstown returns home August 12-14 to play the Lakewood BlueClaws. Monday will be Antietam Date Night at the park where fans can get up to four free tickets to the game if they bring their Antietam Cable bill. Hagerstown closes out the homestand with a day game at 2:05 p.m. that doubles as Bark in the Park.
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from August 10, 2019
- Jackets Split Doubleheader with Rome - Augusta GreenJackets
- Wagaman Thumps Two Out, Dogs Crank Four Homers to Slug Past Hickory - Charleston RiverDogs
- Anderson's 3 RBIs Not Enough for 'Dads - Hickory Crawdads
- Rodriguez Dazzles Again, 'Birds Roll K-Town - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Claws Roll to 7-1 Win on Irish Heritage Night - Jersey Shore BlueClaws
- Five-Run Second Sinks Power in 7-1 Loss - West Virginia Power
- Lexington's Lights out Pitching Leads to Victory - Lexington Legends
- Offense Disappears for the Second Straight Game - Asheville Tourists
- Fireflies Season-Best Win Streak Snapped on Saturday - Columbia Fireflies
- Stoeckinger's Start Not Enough in Loss - Hagerstown Suns
- Game Notes (August 10) - West Virginia Power
- Fireflies Game Notes: August 10 vs. Greenville (Game 114) - Columbia Fireflies
- Hagerstown Suns: Game Notes - Hagerstown Suns
- Bullpen Falls Apart Late in 7-4 Loss to Delmarva - Kannapolis Cannon Ballers
- Bill on Baseball: Hoppers Pitching Stymies Asheville - Greensboro Grasshoppers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.