Stockton Faces San Jose Sunday at the SAP Center
Sunday, March 10, 2019
Arena: SAP Center
Date: Sunday, March 10, 2019
Time: 3:00 p.m. PST
Broadcast: Watch the game on AHLTV or at watch parties at Channel Brewing Co. or Port City Bar & Grill. Stockton's radio call of the game is available on both Spreaker and iHeartRadio.
For live, in-game tweets, follow the Heat on Twitter @AHLHeat. Stay tuned after the game for the Chase Chevrolet Big Moment of the Game for a chance to win a puck signed by Spencer Foo.
The Heat look to keep rolling with a Sunday matinee against the San Jose Barracuda. Stockton is coming off the heels of a 4-1 win over Bakersfield Friday night on home ice and had Saturday off while San Jose battled the Condors.
The Barracuda have held the upper hand in this season's series against Stockton, coming into tonight's game with wins in nine of the 11 meetings and four of five at the SAP Center. The Heat emerged victorious in the last game between the teams, winning 4-1 on Feb. 24.
COMING IN HOT
Stockton has been playing its best hockey of the season as it enters today's game, winning seven of the last 10 games. In that span, the Heat have claimed wins over all four of the teams currently in playoff position from the Pacific Division.
BIG ON SHORTIES
The Heat now boast the league lead in shorthanded goals, having potted seven over the last seven games to bring their season total to 15. Dillon Dube claimed the latest SHG, forcing a turnover at the defensive blue line then scoring far-side while on a 2-on-1 with Juuso Valimaki.
Jon Gillies recorded his milestone 50th AHL win in the Heat's 4-1 win over Bakersfield Friday, stopping 36 shots in the winning effort. The netminder is riding quite a hot streak between the pipes, having earned victories in six of his last eight starts.
WE LIKE RYCH
Kerby Rychel has gotten the scoring started in each of Stockton's last two games, giving the Heat a 1-0 lead on Wednesday at San Diego and Friday against Bakersfield. The Heat went on to win each. Rychel leads Stockton with 23 goals on the year and most recently recorded his 10th multi-point game of the season with a goal and an assist.
HIP HIP, DUBE
Dillon Dube continued his effective play with a shorthanded goal in Friday's contest to regain momentum in the second period with a 3-1 lead. Dube now has 33 points (12g,21a) in 30 AHL games, ranked second among rookies in the AHL for points per game among first-year professionals with 29 or more games on the year - trailing only Belleville's Drake Batherson's 52 points in 45 games.
Forward Curtis Lazar was assigned to Stockton on Saturday by the NHL's Calgary Flames following a nearly-month-long stint with the Heat's NHL affiliate. Lazar was Stockton's representative at the AHL All-Star Game and has 36 points (16g,20a) in 46 games this year with the Heat.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 10, 2019
- Stars Edge Rampage for Weekend Sweep - San Antonio Rampage
- Stars Steamroll Rampage in 7-4 Victory - Texas Stars
- Barracuda's Late-Game Heroics Lead to Shootout Victory - San Jose Barracuda
- Hogs Nab Point in 2-1 OT Loss to Moose - Rockford IceHogs
- Heat Fall in Shootout at San Jose, 5-4 - Stockton Heat
- Admirals Earn Important Point in OT Loss - Milwaukee Admirals
- Smith makes season-high 40 saves in only trip to Toronto this season - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Wolves Win Eighth Straight at Home - Chicago Wolves
- Moose Prevail over Rockford in OT - Manitoba Moose
- Amerks Complete Perfect Weekend with 6-1 Win over Devils - Rochester Americans
- Lettieri's Hat Trick Not Enough for Wolf Pack - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Smith-Pelly Hat-Trick Leads Bears Past Wolf Pack - Hershey Bears
- P-Bruins Fall 3-1 to T-Birds - Providence Bruins
- Popugaev Scores Again in 6-1 Loss at Rochester - Binghamton Devils
- Driedger & Penalty Kill Come up Huge in 3-1 Road Win at Providence - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Phantoms Split Weekend Series with Charlotte - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Monsters Sign Forward Derek Barach to PTO Contract - Cleveland Monsters
- Nedeljkovic Blanks Phantoms for 4-0 Victory - Charlotte Checkers
- Stockton Faces San Jose Sunday at the SAP Center - Stockton Heat
- Sens Loan Gustavsson to Brampton - Belleville Senators
- Sabres Recall Nylander - Rochester Americans
- Flames Recall Quine from Stockton - Stockton Heat
- Marlies Return to Coca-Cola Coliseum - Toronto Marlies
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - AHL
- Game Preview: Bears at Wolf Pack, 3 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Sound Tigers Face Marlies Today on NHL Network - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Roadrunners Fall to Ontario as Bunting Records 100th Point with Franchise - Tucson Roadrunners
- Reign Sweep Roadrunners - Ontario Reign
- Martin's 28-Save Shutout Propels Eagles to Sixth-Straight Win - Colorado Eagles
- Rybar, Griffins Shut Down Admirals - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Barracuda Stumble at Home, Fall 7-1 to Bakersfield - San Jose Barracuda
- Rampage Comeback Falls Short in Loss to Stars - San Antonio Rampage
- Iowa Drops 4-1 Contest to Chicago - Iowa Wild
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.