American Hockey League Announces Suspensions
March 10, 2019 - American Hockey League (AHL) News Release
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. ... The American Hockey League today announced the following suspensions:
Charlotte Checkers defenseman Haydn Fleury has been suspended for one (1) game as a consequence of an illegal check to the head of an opponent in a game at Lehigh Valley on Mar. 8.
Fleury was suspended under the provisions of AHL Rule 28.1 (supplementary discipline). He will miss Charlotte's game today (Mar. 10) at Lehigh Valley.
Belleville Senators defenseman Andreas Englund has been suspended for one (1) game as a consequence of an illegal check to the head of an opponent in a game at Cleveland on Mar. 7.
Englund was suspended under the provisions of AHL Rule 28.1 (supplementary discipline). He will miss Belleville's game on Monday (Mar. 11) at Toronto.
Cleveland Monsters forward Kole Sherwood has been suspended for one (1) game as a consequence of his actions in a game vs. Belleville on Mar. 8.
Sherwood received an automatic one-game suspension under the provisions of AHL Rule 23.6 for accumulating his second game misconduct in the "physical fouls" category this season. He will miss Cleveland's game on Wednesday (Mar. 13) at Milwaukee.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 10, 2019
- Stars Edge Rampage for Weekend Sweep - San Antonio Rampage
- Stars Steamroll Rampage in 7-4 Victory - Texas Stars
- Barracuda's Late-Game Heroics Lead to Shootout Victory - San Jose Barracuda
- Hogs Nab Point in 2-1 OT Loss to Moose - Rockford IceHogs
- Heat Fall in Shootout at San Jose, 5-4 - Stockton Heat
- Admirals Earn Important Point in OT Loss - Milwaukee Admirals
- Smith makes season-high 40 saves in only trip to Toronto this season - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Wolves Win Eighth Straight at Home - Chicago Wolves
- Moose Prevail over Rockford in OT - Manitoba Moose
- Amerks Complete Perfect Weekend with 6-1 Win over Devils - Rochester Americans
- Lettieri's Hat Trick Not Enough for Wolf Pack - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Smith-Pelly Hat-Trick Leads Bears Past Wolf Pack - Hershey Bears
- P-Bruins Fall 3-1 to T-Birds - Providence Bruins
- Popugaev Scores Again in 6-1 Loss at Rochester - Binghamton Devils
- Driedger & Penalty Kill Come up Huge in 3-1 Road Win at Providence - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Phantoms Split Weekend Series with Charlotte - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Monsters Sign Forward Derek Barach to PTO Contract - Cleveland Monsters
- Nedeljkovic Blanks Phantoms for 4-0 Victory - Charlotte Checkers
- Stockton Faces San Jose Sunday at the SAP Center - Stockton Heat
- Sens Loan Gustavsson to Brampton - Belleville Senators
- Sabres Recall Nylander - Rochester Americans
- Flames Recall Quine from Stockton - Stockton Heat
- Marlies Return to Coca-Cola Coliseum - Toronto Marlies
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - AHL
- Game Preview: Bears at Wolf Pack, 3 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Sound Tigers Face Marlies Today on NHL Network - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Roadrunners Fall to Ontario as Bunting Records 100th Point with Franchise - Tucson Roadrunners
- Reign Sweep Roadrunners - Ontario Reign
- Martin's 28-Save Shutout Propels Eagles to Sixth-Straight Win - Colorado Eagles
- Rybar, Griffins Shut Down Admirals - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Barracuda Stumble at Home, Fall 7-1 to Bakersfield - San Jose Barracuda
- Rampage Comeback Falls Short in Loss to Stars - San Antonio Rampage
- Iowa Drops 4-1 Contest to Chicago - Iowa Wild
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.