Steelheads Searching for Wins
The Steelheads are looking to reestablish their winning ways with three key weekend matchups.
The teams plays host to the Ottawa 67's on Friday night, travels to Peterborough for their first meeting with the Petes on Saturday, and concludes their three games in three straight nights as they host the Oshawa Generals, sponsored by KMB Law, on Sunday afternoon.
For Sunday's game, you and your family can see your favourite Steelheads in action with a purchase of a Family Four Pack! For only $67, get four tickets, drinks and popcorns! To take advantage of this special offer, go to Ticketmaster and use the code FAMILY when purchasing the ticket!
Misa Plays With Team Canada
The Steelheads would like to congratulate Luke Misa as he represented Canada at the Capital City Challenge in Ottawa last week! Misa played with Team Canada White in the tournament, registering one assist in four games. The Capital City Challenge featured the National Women's Team and three national men's under-17 teams. Misa returns to the Steelheads this weekend.
Hardie Climbing The Record Ladder
With his two-point performance on November 25 against the Sudbury Wolves, James Hardie passed Stefan LeBlanc for ninth in the Steelheads' all-time career points list. Then on November 28 against Kingston, Hardie's three-point performance leaped past Cole Schwindt for the eighth spot all-time.
Return Of The 67's
Friday night's contest will be the third regular-season meeting between the two, with the Steelheads coming on top in both previous contests.
In the last meeting on November 12, the Steelheads blanked the 67's 3-0 at TD Place Arena in Ottawa. Goaltender Joe Ranger registered his first career OHL shutout, and James Hardie tallied a goal and an assist in the win.
Travelling To The Electric City
On Saturday night, the Steelheads and the Peterborough Petes square off for the first time this season at the historic Peterborough Memorial Centre. The Petes currently stand at seventh place in the Eastern Conference with an 8-10-1 record.
The nine-time winners of the J. Ross Robinson Cup are led in scoring by Tucker Robinson (15G, 19A) and Emmett Sproule (9G, 21A). Mason McTavish returned to the Petes from his NHL stint with the Anaheim Ducks on November 21, averaging a goal-per-game in all of his four games this season.
In the past five seasons, the Steelheads and the Petes tied with eight wins apiece, and both each won a pair of games in their season series last season.
Meet The Gens
The Steelheads and Oshawa Generals meet for the first time this season at the Paramount Fine Foods Centre.
Team captain Tyler Tullio (6G, 22A) and Ryan Stepien (14G, 6A) lead Oshawa in scoring. Patrick Leaver provides stability in the crease for the Generals with a 9-4-1-1 record, a 2.99 goals-against-average, and a .914 save percentage.
The Generals are currently in seventh place in the Eastern Conference with a record of 9-7-1-2, three points behind the fourth-place Steelheads. Both teams exchanged a pair of victories last season.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from December 1, 2021
- Jackson, Vrbetic Honoured - North Bay Battalion
- Tracking the Storm - Dusty Jamieson - Guelph Storm
- Troops Going to the 'Dogs - North Bay Battalion
- OHL Announces Top Performers of the Month for November - OHL
- O'Rourke Invited to National Junior Team Selection Camp - Soo Greyhounds
- Official Coach Cal T-Shirts Available Exclusively at the Petes Store in Support of the Petes Pink in the Rink Campaign - Peterborough Petes
- Wright Named to Canada's National Junior Team Selection Camp Roster - Kingston Frontenacs
- Steelheads Searching for Wins - Mississauga Steelheads
- Generals Acquire Draft Pick from London Knights - Oshawa Generals
- Knights Acquire Overager from Generals - London Knights
- Attack Look to Build off Strong November - Owen Sound Attack
- Brochu, Evangelista Invited to Team Canada Selection Camp - London Knights
- Nine Past and Present OHL Players Named to Canada's National Junior Team Selection Camp Roster - OHL
- Will Cuylle Selected to Team Canada National Junior Team Camp Roster - Windsor Spitfires
- Mason McTavish Invited to Canada's National Junior Team Selection Camp - Peterborough Petes
- Dickinson, McDonnell and Pastujov Named to U.S. National Junior Team Preliminary Roster - Guelph Storm
- Tickets on Sale Now for 2022 Kubota CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game - Kitchener Rangers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Mississauga Steelheads Stories
- Steelheads Win the Battle
- Steelheads Continue Their Point Streak
- OHL Announces Postponed Game Involving the Niagara IceDogs and Mississauga Steelheads
- OHL Announces Rescheduled Game with the Mississauga Steelheads and Barrie Colts
- SOTI Weekend Preview - Steelheads Looking to Reel in the Points