Stars Get Back on Track with Win at Santa Cruz
SANTA CRUZ, Calif. - The Salt Lake City Stars snapped a three-game losing skid with a 111-99 victory over the Santa Cruz Warriors tonight at Kaiser Permanente Arena. The win marks the 10th time the Stars have held their opponent to under 100 points this season.
The Stars were led by Utah Jazz two-way player Jarrell Brantley, who tallied 21 points on 8-of-15 (.533) shooting from the floor, registering his third consecutive 20-point game. Fellow Jazz two-way player Justin Wright-Foreman posted 20 points, three rebounds and three assists. Jazz assignee Miye Oni (13 points and 11 rebounds) and Isaac Haas (10 points and 11 rebounds) added double-doubles for the Stars.
The Warriors were paced by Golden State Warriors assignment player Alen Smailagic, who scored a game-high 26 points on 9-of-13 (.692) shooting to go with seven rebounds and four assists. Deyonta Davis notched a double-double with 10 points and 12 rebounds, while Ryan Taylor added 11 points and five rebounds.
There were 24 lead changes and nine ties through the first 39 minutes of play. From that point, the Stars went on a 14-0 run to take a 13-point lead (95-82), with six minutes left in the final frame. The Warriors trimmed the lead to single digits (91-98), but Salt Lake City pulled away down the stretch to earn the 12-point road victory (111-99).
The Stars will return to Salt Lake City to host the Texas Legends (Dallas Mavericks affiliate) on Monday, Feb. 10 at Bruin Arena. The game tips off at 7 p.m. (MT) and will be streamed live on NBAGLeague.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 6, 2020
- Charge Offense Cracked by Red Claws - Canton Charge
- Tacko, Red Claws Roll Past Charge - Maine Red Claws
- Memphis Grizzlies Acquire Jordan Bell from Houston Rockets - Memphis Hustle
- Greensboro Acquires Terry Henderson - Greensboro Swarm
- Phoenix Suns Assign Jalen Lecque to Northern Arizona - Northern Arizona Suns
- Endya Buford Recognized as Memphis Hustle High School Top Performer of the Month Presented by Campbell Clinic - Memphis Hustle
- Hustle Hold off Oklahoma City Rally, Defeat Blue 120-119 - Memphis Hustle
- Warriors Acquire Torren Jones - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Blue Falls to Hustle - Oklahoma City Blue
- Mad Ants Run Away from Westchester During Thursday's Matinee - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Fort Wayne Proves Too Much for Slim Knicks in Matinee - Westchester Knicks
- Warriors Fall to Stars, 111-99 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Stars Get Back on Track with Win at Santa Cruz - Salt Lake City Stars
- NAZ Suns Falter at Home to Stockton Kings - Northern Arizona Suns
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.