Fort Wayne Proves Too Much for Slim Knicks in Matinee
FORT WAYNE, IN - Another all-out effort by the shorthanded Westchester Knicks, the official NBA G League affiliate of the New York Knicks, was on display but up against a loaded Fort Wayne Mad Ants team, the Knicks were unable to defy and fell, 131-112, Thursday afternoon at Allen County War Memorial Coliseum.
All but one of eight available Knicks (16-17) scored in double-figures in their second morning matinee in three days. Coming off of a 33-point career-night, Ivan Rabb posted 25 on 66.7-percent and collected 12 rebounds split evenly on both ends of the floor. Tim Bond flirted with a triple-double posting 11 points, a career-high 11 helpers, and seven boards. Andrew White III saw three triples through the bottom of the net encouraging his 19 points, and 50-percent showing from both in and outside of the perimeter.
Ben Moore registered a game-high 30 points and nine rebounds for Fort Wayne (16-15). Alize Johnson tallied 18 points and seven rebounds. Walt Lemon Jr. gave out eight dimes.
The Pacers' affiliate claimed a 20-point lead, the largest of the afternoon, in the fourth quarter. The Knicks were slotted in the forefront sporadically throughout the first quarter but played from the rearview for the final three periods.
Ranked third in the G League in three-point percentage (40.5%) for the month of January, Westchester has now been unable to clear 30-percent for the third consecutive time. The Knicks connected on just 25.9-percent of their attempts from downtown vastly contrasting the Mad Ants' 46.7-percent clip doubling up the visitors makes from the outside.
The Knicks return to the County Center Saturday, February 8 at 5 PM ET when the Canton Charge come to town.
Ivan Rabb Scores 25 Points Against the Mad Ants - https://youtu.be/SgxGzI63YUQ
Tim Bond Dishes Career-High 11 Assists at Fort Wayne - https://youtu.be/Ov6e04-kzIc
For information on Knicks' season ticket packages, fans may visit www.WestchesterKnicks.com or contact the sales office at (914) 559-6889 or at email@example.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 6, 2020
- Charge Offense Cracked by Red Claws - Canton Charge
- Tacko, Red Claws Roll Past Charge - Maine Red Claws
- Memphis Grizzlies Acquire Jordan Bell from Houston Rockets - Memphis Hustle
- Greensboro Acquires Terry Henderson - Greensboro Swarm
- Phoenix Suns Assign Jalen Lecque to Northern Arizona - Northern Arizona Suns
- Endya Buford Recognized as Memphis Hustle High School Top Performer of the Month Presented by Campbell Clinic - Memphis Hustle
- Hustle Hold off Oklahoma City Rally, Defeat Blue 120-119 - Memphis Hustle
- Warriors Acquire Torren Jones - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Blue Falls to Hustle - Oklahoma City Blue
- Mad Ants Run Away from Westchester During Thursday's Matinee - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Fort Wayne Proves Too Much for Slim Knicks in Matinee - Westchester Knicks
- Warriors Fall to Stars, 111-99 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Stars Get Back on Track with Win at Santa Cruz - Salt Lake City Stars
- NAZ Suns Falter at Home to Stockton Kings - Northern Arizona Suns
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.