Stars Defeat Lakers at Vivint Smart Home Arena
SALT LAKE CITY - The Salt Lake City Stars defeated the South Bay Lakers 134-128 tonight in front of a franchise record crowd of 9,413 at Vivint Smart Home Arena, the home of the Utah Jazz.
Three players reached the 20-point threshold for the Stars, led Utah Jazz two-way player Justin Wright-Foreman's game-high 31 points. Rayjon Tucker, currently on assignment from the Jazz, posted 22 points and eight rebounds in his first game of the season with the Stars, while fellow Jazz assignee Juwan Morgan added 20 points, eight rebounds and three assists. Isaac Haas tallied his fourth double-double of the season with 14 points, 12 rebounds and two blocks in 19 minutes off the bench.
All five starters scored in double figures for the Lakers, led by David Stockton's 24 points, 11 assists, four rebounds and three steals. Los Angeles Lakers assignment player Talen Horton-Tucker tallied 22 points, 12 of which came from beyond the arc, five rebounds and three assists, while Lakers two-way player Devontae Cacok led all reserves with 20 points and a game-high 16 rebounds.
The Stars and Lakers traded the lead 13 times in the first half, with South Bay holding a five-point (69-64) edge at intermission. The Lakers extended their lead to nine points (100-91) heading into the final frame, but Salt Lake City outscored South Bay by 15 points (43-28) in the fourth quarter to earn the six-point win.
The Western Conference-leading Stars will continue their three-game homestand with "Buster's Birthday and Teddy Bear Toss Night presented by Mark Miller Subaru" on Wednesday, March 4 against the Santa Cruz Warriors (Golden State Warriors affiliate). The game, which tips off at Bruin Arena at 7 p.m. (MT) will be broadcast live on ESPN+.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 3, 2020
- BayHawks Falter in Second Half, Fall 116-117 to Long Island - Erie BayHawks
- Long Island Nets to Host Third-Annual Women's Empowerment Game, Presented by National Grid, this Wednesday, March 4 - Long Island Nets
- NBA G League News and Notes - March 3 - G League
- Detroit Pistons Sign Donta Hall to Second 10-Day Contract - Grand Rapids Drive
- Hornets Sign Joe Chealey to Second 10-Day Contract - Greensboro Swarm
- Stars Defeat Lakers at Vivint Smart Home Arena - Salt Lake City Stars
- South Bay Falls to Stars in Salt Lake City - South Bay Lakers
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.