NBA G League News and Notes - March 3
March 3, 2020 - NBA G League (G League) News Release
WISCONSIN WINNERS: The Wisconsin Herd clinched its first-ever playoff berth with a 115-108 victory over the Westchester Knicks on Feb. 29. Mirroring the Milwaukee Bucks in the NBA, Wisconsin is the only NBA G League team to clinch a spot in the playoffs. The organization's two professional basketball teams have a combined record of 83 wins and 18 losses.
FANTASTIC FRANK: Leading the Herd to a league-best eight wins, Bucks two-way player Frank Mason III was named NBA G League Player of the Month for February. In nine games, the former Kansas Jayhawk averaged 29.8 points and 4.7 assists in 29.4 minutes. Mason and the Herd visit the Canton Charge tomorrow at 11 a.m. ET on ESPN+.
SIZZLING SOUTH BAY: South Bay Lakers head coach Coby Karl was named NBA G League Coach of the Month for February. Karl coached South Bay to a league-best 7-2 record, highlighted by an impressive 127-119 victory over the Memphis Hustle on Feb. 8. Karl's Lakers host the Stockton Kings tomorrow at 10 p.m. ET on ESPN+.
Philadelphia 76ers guard Shake Milton opened eyes with 39 points on national television against the LA Clippers on March 1. Starting in place of Ben Simmons, the 2018 second-round pick and NBA G League veteran is averaging 26.0 points and has shot 16-of-20 from three-point range in his last three games. He refined his skills last season with the Delaware Blue Coats, averaging 24.9 points in 27 games. Milton recently appeared on ESPN's "The Jump" and spoke about how the NBA G League pre- pared him for this opportunity. Click here to watch the interview.
Texas Legends guard Cameron Payne was named NBA G League Player of the Week for games played Mon- day, February 24 through Sun- day, March 1. Payne posted a triple-double of 18 points, 10 rebounds and 19 assists in a 131-110 victory over the Northern Arizona Suns on Feb. 29.
Westchester Knicks center Ivan Rabb registered a double-double of 32 points and 12 rebounds in a 129-115 victory over the Greens- boro Swam on Feb. 26. Rabb is averaging 16.5 points and 11.7 rebounds this season. On. Feb 27, Los Angeles Clippers two-way player Johnathan Motley paced the Agua Caliente Clip- pers with 34 points, seven rebounds and four as- sists in a 118-104 victory over the Austin Spurs.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 3, 2020
- BayHawks Falter in Second Half, Fall 116-117 to Long Island - Erie BayHawks
- Long Island Nets to Host Third-Annual Women's Empowerment Game, Presented by National Grid, this Wednesday, March 4 - Long Island Nets
- NBA G League News and Notes - March 3 - G League
- Detroit Pistons Sign Donta Hall to Second 10-Day Contract - Grand Rapids Drive
- Hornets Sign Joe Chealey to Second 10-Day Contract - Greensboro Swarm
- Stars Defeat Lakers at Vivint Smart Home Arena - Salt Lake City Stars
- South Bay Falls to Stars in Salt Lake City - South Bay Lakers
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.