Stars Add Willie Reed
SALT LAKE CITY - The Salt Lake City Stars, the official NBA G League affiliate of the Utah Jazz, have added veteran NBA center Willie Reed to the team's roster. In a corresponding roster move, the Stars waived forward Wyatt Walker.
Reed (6-11, 245, St. Louis) was selected by the Salt Lake City Stars with the No. 1 overall pick of the 2018 NBA G League Draft. Reed appeared in 21 games (all starts) with the Stars in 2018-19, averaging 20.1 points, 11.3 rebounds, 1.8 blocks and 1.6 assists in 30.1 minutes and was named to the Midseason All-NBA G League Team before suffering a season-ending injury. Reed also appeared in two contests for the Jazz entry team at the 2019 Salt Lake City Summer League and four games at the NBA Summer League in Las Vegas. In four contests in Las Vegas, Reed averaged 13.0 points on 61.9 percent from the field and 10.5 rebounds in 17.4 minutes.
The center owns three years of NBA experience, averaging 4.9 points and 3.8 rebounds in 12.4 minutes over 152 career games (12 starts) with Brooklyn, Miami, the LA Clippers and Detroit. The Kansas City, Mo., native has tallied five double-doubles in his NBA career, including career-high marks of 22 points and 18 rebounds with Miami on Jan. 3, 2017, at Phoenix. An NBA G League All-Star and All-NBA G League First Team selection in 2015, Reed was twice named to the NBA G League All-Defensive Team (First Team in 2015 and Second Team in 2014).
Reed most recently for Olympiacos in Greece, averaging 6.5 points and 2.3 rebounds in 11.0 minutes per game.
Walker (6-9, 240, NC State) appeared in two games with the Stars this season.
Reed will be available for tonight's game against the Agua Caliente Clippers (LA Clippers affiliate), which tips off at 7 p.m. (MT) at Bruin Arena.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 22, 2020
- Adams' 39-Point Effort Leads Herd to a 122-115 Victory over Grand Rapids - Wisconsin Herd
- Short-Handed Drive Fall to Herd on Road - Grand Rapids Drive
- Hustle Win Back and Forth Battle with Blue Coats - Memphis Hustle
- Long Island Nets Defeat South Bay for Third Straight Victory - Long Island Nets
- Charge Offense Magical in Win over Lakeland - Canton Charge
- South Bay Defeated in Road Trip Finale - South Bay Lakers
- Fwd: Trail Blazers Transfer Jaylen Hoard to the Texas Legends - Texas Legends
- Memphis Hustle to Host Second Installment of Hustle & Hounds this Friday, January 24 at Landers Center - Memphis Hustle
- Stars Add Willie Reed - Salt Lake City Stars
- NBA G League News and Notes - January 22 - G League
- Skyhawks Take Part in Community Clean-Up Event on Martin Luther King, Jr. Day - College Park Skyhawks
- Austin Spurs Fall to Oklahoma City Blue 125-116 - Austin Spurs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Salt Lake City Stars Stories
- Stars Name Nathan Peavy Head Coach
- Stars Earn NBA G League Social Responsibility/Youth Basketball Award for "Autism Awareness Night"
- Statements from the Utah Jazz and Salt Lake City Stars on the Departure of Martin Schiller
- Stars Recognized for Earning Top Record in Western Conference
- Jarrell Brantley Earns All-NBA G League First Team, All-Rookie Honors