Stantec Shootout for Charity Is Back
Saskatoon, SK - Last week The Saskatoon Blades were proud to launch the 2nd Annual Stantec Shootout for Charity at Canadian Brewhouse in Stonebridge.
After a successful pilot season last year, Stantec has once again partnered with the Saskatoon Blades in this initiative aimed to benefit up to 16 local charitable organizations. We look forward to hosting 10 new companies at the tournament this year, with several new charities also being represented.
The money raised at the Canadian Brewhouse launch luncheon will be divided evenly among all participating charities, this ensures each charity will have benefited by the conclusion of the shootout.
There are three additional primary changes between this year's tournament and last year's edition. Firstly, the amount of shots to be taken has been reduced from five to three per shooter. Secondly, in the event of a tie, the three additional shots & rock-paper-scissors tie-breaker has been replaced with sudden death rules. Finally, the goaltenders participating in this year's tournament will be older and more experienced.
This year's shooters and their respective charities are as follow:
PCL Construction - United Way
Conexus Credit Union - STARS Air Ambulance
Wheaton GM - Autism Services of Saskatoon
Saskatoon Firefighters Union - Saskatoon Firefighters Paediatric Fund
Canadian Tire - JumpStart
Saskatoon Media Group - Do More Ag Foundation
CTV - Kid Sport
Brandt Industries - Heart & Stroke
Al Anderson's Source for Sports - Team Naomi Get Well Now
Alliance Energy - Care & Share Saskatoon
K+S Potash Canada / YMCA - YMCA Strong Kids
Sutherland Auto - Children's Wish Foundation fo Canada, Saskatchewan Chapter
Wendel Clarks' Classic Grill & Bar - Jim Pattison Children's Hospital Foundation
Community Development Corporation - White Buffalo Youth Lodge
Athabasca Basin Security - MS Society
Stantec - Big Brothers Big Sisters of Canada
The tournament will begin after Christmas with round one beginning on December 28th and concluding on January 25th.
Round two, the semi-finals & 3rd place matchup of the shootout will take place from January 28th to March 6th. The Championship shootout will occur at the Blades' last regular season game of the season on Saturday, March 21st, against the Prince Albert Raiders.
The 1st, 2nd and 3rd placed teams will be awarded the following prize money to be donated to their charity of choice.
1st Place - $2,500
2nd Place - $1,500
3rd Place - $1,000
Teams also have the opportunity to raise additional donation money with two social media prizes & by selling tickets to their shootout games.
If you have any interest in supporting any of these companies or charities, please contact them for their ticket link & promo code to support their cause. Tickets bought through this method are $15, with $5 going towards their donation total.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from December 4, 2019
- 2019 Fred Meyer/Wireless Vision Teddy Bear Toss Saturday - Tri-City Americans
- Prince Albert Raiders Rise to Fourth in Kia CHL Top 10 Rankings - WHL
- WHL Announces Five-Game Suspension for Thunderbirds' McNelly - WHL
- Blades List Defenceman Matthew Sanders - Saskatoon Blades
- Blades Add Defenceman Matthew Sanders - Saskatoon Blades
- Giants Sign Holden Katzalay to a Standard WHL Player Agreement - Vancouver Giants
- Brandonite Thiessen Acquired from Lethbridge - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Hitmen Present Royal LePage Benchmark Toy Drive - Calgary Hitmen
- Warriors Prepare for 2019 Teddy Bear & Toque Toss Coming up on Saturday - Moose Jaw Warriors
- Hurricanes Trade Thiessen to Brandon - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Andrew Kutnikoff Named Broncos Equipment Manager/Athletic Therapist - Swift Current Broncos
- Game Day Hub: December 4 - Portland Winterhawks
- Tigers' Teddy Bear Toss Totals Announced - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Tigers' Teddy Bear Toss Totals - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Stantec Shootout for Charity Is Back - Saskatoon Blades
- Preview: Broncos Want Short Memory as They Visit Winnipeg - Swift Current Broncos
- ICE and Broncos Clash for Third Time this Season - Winnipeg Ice
- Home No Cure for Scoring Woes in 3-0 Setback - Prince George Cougars
- Spokane Stifles Seattle in 4-1 Win - Spokane Chiefs
- Winterhawks Shut out the Cougars 3-0 - Portland Winterhawks
- T-Birds Fall to Chiefs in Spokane - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Tigers Dominate Hurricanes 8-3 to Win Fifth Straight Game - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Latimer Lights the Lamp in WHL Debut to Help Oil Kings Drop Warriors - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Broncos Fall Apart in Third Period in Brandon - Swift Current Broncos
- Road Trip Opens with Narrow Loss in Northern Alberta - Moose Jaw Warriors
- 2020 Memorial Cup Presented by Kia Tickets On Sale To General Public Tomorrow Morning - Kelowna Rockets
- Wheat Kings Roar Back against Broncos - Brandon Wheat Kings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.