Stamps Return Home to Face Argos
The Calgary Stampeders will play their one and only home game in July with a Thursday Night Football matchup against the Toronto Argonauts. The game kicks off at 7 p.m. and will be broadcast on 770 CHQR radio and TSN.
Both teams are coming off losses as the Red and White (2-2) dropped a 30-23 decision in Hamilton on Saturday and Toronto (0-4) was defeated 48-21 in Winnipeg on Friday.
Defensive lineman Cordarro Law of the Stampeders is coming off a career-best five-tackle, three-sack performance against the Ticats. Receiver Derel Walker of the Argonauts posted a personal-best 188 yards in the Manitoba capital.
The Stamps are 2-0 when matched up with Western opponents but will be looking for their first victory over an East Division squad. Dating back to 2014, Calgary has won 10 straight when clashing with the Argos during the regular season. In their two head-to-head meetings last season, the Stampeders outscored Toronto by a margin of 79-23.
For the fourth consecutive week, Calgary will be facing a head coach in his first year with his current team. BC's DeVone Claybrooks, Saskatchewan's Craig Dickenson and Hamilton's Orlondo Steinauer are each in their rookie season as bench bosses while Toronto's Corey Chamblin is in his first year leading the Argos following a three-and-a-half-year head-coaching stint with the Roughriders from 2012-15.
Week 7 will have the Stampeders in Ottawa while the Argonauts will remain in Alberta for a trip to the home of the Eskimos.
The pre-game activities in the Fan Zone located in the East parking lot start at 4 p.m. and will include a live music and photo booths from Boogie Hill Faders as well as Stamps player autographs from 5-6 p.m.
Thursday Night Football's halftime show will be performed by the Northern Pikes in partnership with TSN, Apple Music and Universal.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from July 16, 2019
- Stamps Return Home to Face Argos - Calgary Stampeders
- BC Lions Add Cheridor to Practice Roster - B.C. Lions
- Deane Joins Active Roster - Edmonton Eskimos
- Simoni Lawrence Suspension Upheld by Arbitrator - CFL
- Ricky Ray Takes His Place on Eskimos Wall of Honour - Edmonton Eskimos
- Injury Update: Matt O'Donnell - Edmonton Eskimos
- Felix Faubert-Lussier Returns to the Alouettes - Montreal Alouettes
- Andrew Harris Named Shaw CFL Top Performer for Week 5 - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Banks Named CFL Top Performer for Week 5 - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Vernon Adams Jr. Named Among CFL Players of the Week - Montreal Alouettes
- Brandon Banks, Vernon Adams Jr. and Andrew Harris named Shaw CFL Top Performers - CFL
- Korey Jones Added to Practice Roster - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Temple Released - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.