Vernon Adams Jr. Named Among CFL Players of the Week
Montreal - Following the best outing of his young career, Montreal Alouettes quarterback Vernon Adams Jr. was named among the CFL's players of the week on Tuesday.
The 26-year-old American was a key element in his team second win in a row, in Ottawa, where the Alouettes beat the REDBLACKS 36-19. The Pasadena, CA native completed 23 of his 30 attempts for 327 yards, while throwing two touchdown passes. He also ran the ball seven times for 41 yards and crossed the goal line twice.
Since the beginning of the season, he completed 58 of his 89 attempts for 836 yards and crossed the goal line four times. In 26 runs, he compiled 155 yards and added three majors.
The Alouettes pivot now shows a 5-2 record as a starting quarterback in the CFL, including a 2-1 record in 2019.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from July 16, 2019
- Stamps Return Home to Face Argos - Calgary Stampeders
- BC Lions Add Cheridor to Practice Roster - B.C. Lions
- Deane Joins Active Roster - Edmonton Eskimos
- Simoni Lawrence Suspension Upheld by Arbitrator - CFL
- Ricky Ray Takes His Place on Eskimos Wall of Honour - Edmonton Eskimos
- Injury Update: Matt O'Donnell - Edmonton Eskimos
- Felix Faubert-Lussier Returns to the Alouettes - Montreal Alouettes
- Andrew Harris Named Shaw CFL Top Performer for Week 5 - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Banks Named CFL Top Performer for Week 5 - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Vernon Adams Jr. Named Among CFL Players of the Week - Montreal Alouettes
- Brandon Banks, Vernon Adams Jr. and Andrew Harris named Shaw CFL Top Performers - CFL
- Korey Jones Added to Practice Roster - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Temple Released - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.