Simoni Lawrence Suspension Upheld by Arbitrator
July 16, 2019 - Canadian Football League (CFL) News Release
TORONTO - The Canadian Football League (CFL) released the following statement on the arbitrator's decision:
We are pleased that the Arbitrator has decided to uphold the two-game suspension for Hamilton Tiger-Cat Simoni Lawrence for his conduct during play #4 of CFL game #10 on June 13. Dangerous and reckless play must be disciplined, not simply for the sake of punishment, but to deter such play in the future. We all need to take and support strong action to promote and protect player health and safety. We look forward to continuing to work with our players on this mission. Mr. Lawrence is now required to serve his two-game suspension, starting with his team's next game, scheduled for Friday, July 26.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from July 16, 2019
- Stamps Return Home to Face Argos - Calgary Stampeders
- BC Lions Add Cheridor to Practice Roster - B.C. Lions
- Deane Joins Active Roster - Edmonton Eskimos
- Simoni Lawrence Suspension Upheld by Arbitrator - CFL
- Ricky Ray Takes His Place on Eskimos Wall of Honour - Edmonton Eskimos
- Injury Update: Matt O'Donnell - Edmonton Eskimos
- Felix Faubert-Lussier Returns to the Alouettes - Montreal Alouettes
- Andrew Harris Named Shaw CFL Top Performer for Week 5 - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Banks Named CFL Top Performer for Week 5 - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Vernon Adams Jr. Named Among CFL Players of the Week - Montreal Alouettes
- Brandon Banks, Vernon Adams Jr. and Andrew Harris named Shaw CFL Top Performers - CFL
- Korey Jones Added to Practice Roster - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Temple Released - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.