Stampede Use Late Run to Finish Warriors, 99-95
BOISE, Idaho, January 29, 2014 - The Idaho Stampede used a 9-0 run down the stretch to defeat the Santa Cruz Warriors 99-95.
Santa Cruz took an 88-85 lead with 4:39 left in the fourth quarter after Scott Machado hit a 3-pointer. Over the next 2:38, Idaho held the Warriors scoreless. EJ Singler and Kevin Murphy knocked down a pair of free throws each, followed by a deep 3-pointer by Pierre Jackson. Jackson then stole the ball from Hilton Armstrong to set up Kevin Murphy at the other end, putting the Stampede up 94-88. Idaho finished the game at the free throw line to win 99-95.
Dee Bost led the Stampede with 24 points and seven assists. Kevin Murphy scored 23 points and grabbed nine rebounds off the bench. Pierre Jackson finished with 22 points and seven assists. EJ Singler added 18 points while shooting 9-9 from the free throw line.
Dominic McGuire led Santa Cruz with 20 points and 12 rebounds. Daniel Nwaelele (16 points), Ognjen Kuzmic (12 points), Scott Machado (12 points) and Seth Curry (10 points) rounded out the Warriors that scored in double figures.
The Idaho Stampede (14-11) will host Los Angeles on Friday, Jan 31 for the third annual "Real Men Wear Pink" night. The Santa Cruz Warriors (15-10) will host the Reno Bighorns on Jan 31.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 30, 2014
- Energy Fall to the Skyforce on the Road - Iowa Wolves
- Rockets Recall Isaiah Canaan from the Rio Grande Valley Vipers - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Postponed Tulsa 66ers and Los Angeles D-Fenders Game to be Played March 11 - G League
- Armor to Wear Police & Firefighter Tribute Jerseys on Health & Safety Night February 8 - Springfield Armor
- Mad Ants' Faith & Family Night this Saturday - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Knicks Recall Three Players from Erie - Erie BayHawks
- Reno Bighorns Take Down Texas Legends - Reno Bighorns
- Hairston Puts up 45 in Loss to Bighorns - Texas Legends
- Warriors Edged in Idaho - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Stampede Use Late Run to Finish Warriors, 99-95 - Idaho Stampede
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.