Energy Fall to the Skyforce on the Road
Sioux Falls, SD January 30, 2014 - The Iowa Energy fell to the Sioux Falls Skyforce 97-84 on Thursday night in Sioux Falls.
The Skyforce jumped out to an 11-3 lead and did not look back, leading the entire way. Sioux Falls led 25-16 at the end of the first quarter.
The Skyforce converted Energy turnovers and pushed the lead to 55-34 heading into halftime behind Deandre Liggins, who had 13 of his 18 points in the first half.
The Energy used the third quarter to make a push, cutting the deficit to 7 with 2:50 to go. The Skyforce ended the quarter on a 7-0 run to take a 73-59 lead into the fourth
Sioux Falls used a consistent attack in the fourth and took home the 97-84 victory over the Energy to improve to 16-9 on the season. Iowa falls to 16-10 on the year.
Justin Hamilton had a game high 26 points for the Skyforce, also grabbing 11 boards. Tre Kelley had 23 points and 7 assists. Liggins added a double-double with 18 points and 11 rebounds.
Moses Ehambe's 17 points and 8 boards led the Energy. Larry Owens and Austin Freeman both had 13 points for Iowa.
The two teams will meet at Wells Fargo Arena in Des Moines on Saturday, February 1st at 1 PM. The first 1,000 fans will receive Energy trading cards. Saturday will also be $2 beer and 70's night, featuring a costume contest.
Purchase tickets at DahlsTickets.com, by calling 564-8550, or by visiting the Wells Fargo Arena box office.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 30, 2014
- Energy Fall to the Skyforce on the Road - Iowa Wolves
- Rockets Recall Isaiah Canaan from the Rio Grande Valley Vipers - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Postponed Tulsa 66ers and Los Angeles D-Fenders Game to be Played March 11 - G League
- Armor to Wear Police & Firefighter Tribute Jerseys on Health & Safety Night February 8 - Springfield Armor
- Mad Ants' Faith & Family Night this Saturday - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Knicks Recall Three Players from Erie - Erie BayHawks
- Reno Bighorns Take Down Texas Legends - Reno Bighorns
- Hairston Puts up 45 in Loss to Bighorns - Texas Legends
- Warriors Edged in Idaho - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Stampede Use Late Run to Finish Warriors, 99-95 - Idaho Stampede
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.