Stampede Fall in Overtime
BAKERSFIELD, California - Antoine Walker scored 19 points and added seven assists, while NBA assignees Armon Johnson (12 points, 10 assists) and Jordan Hamilton (14 points, 10 rebounds) both racked up double-doubles in their first game with the Stampede (6-9), but it wasn't enough as the road team fell to the Bakersfield Jam 116-112 in overtime.
Bakersfield's Osiris Eldridge (team-high 19 points) scored a go-ahead layup with 15.0 seconds left to break a 112-112 tie, before netting two free throws to finish the game off. Idaho committed three turnovers in the three-minute extra period.
The Stampede played with four new players since their last time on the floor, with Denver Nuggets assignees Julyan Stone (nine points, four assists, three rebounds, two steals) and Hamilton making their mark, as well as Luke Babbitt (13 points, nine rebounds) and Johnson coming from the Portland Trail Blazers. Tony Bobbitt added 15 points, five assists and a season-high six steals. Idaho shot 48.9 percent and made 11 three-pointers, including six in the second quarter alone, but committed 23 fouls to just Bakersfield's 11 as the home team took 37 attempts at the free throw line, cashing in on 25 of them.
The Jam (9-6) had six players in double-figures, including Renaldo Major (18 points, 10 rebounds, seven assists), Juan Pattillo (15 points, 7-11 FG), Solomon Alabi (10 points, game-high 15 rebounds) and Jeremy Wise (12 points, seven assists, five rebounds).
Idaho will play Bakersfield again tomorrow at 8 p.m. (MST).
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 7, 2012
- Big Third Quarter Lifts Energy to Win Over Skyforce - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Team Effort Fuels Tulsa Past Maine, 108-83 - Tulsa 66ers
- Erie Outlasts Springfield - Springfield Armor
- Tulsa 66ers Re-Acquire Sumpter and Vaden - Tulsa 66ers
- Jam Outlast Stampede in Overtime - Bakersfield Jam
- Yi Jianlian Debuts for Texas Legends - Texas Legends
- Stampede Fall in Overtime - Idaho Stampede
- Bighorns Torched by D-Fenders - Reno Bighorns
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.