Stampede Acquire Bryce Dejean-Jones off Waivers
BOISE, Idaho - The Idaho Stampede announced today that the team has acquired guard Bryce Dejean-Jones off waivers. In a subsequent move, the team has waived guard Leon Sutton. Following the moves, Idaho's roster stands at 12 players (not including Utah Jazz assignee Tibor Pleiss and Minnesota Timberwolves assignee Tyus Jones).
Dejean-Jones (6-6, 209, Iowa State) was a member of the New Orleans Pelicans entry at the 2015 NBA Summer League in Las Vegas. In six games, he averaged 12.8 points, 1.8 rebounds, 1.5 steals and 1.2 assists in 21.7 minutes of action.
The 23-year-old was signed by the Pelicans as a free agent on Aug. 20 and appeared in all seven of New Orleans' preseason contests, averaging 8.9 points, 1.6 rebounds and 1.4 assists. He was waived on Oct. 24. He was not selected in the 2015 NBA Draft
The Los Angeles native played his senior season at Iowa State (2014-15), appearing in 33 games (21 starts) and averaging 10.5 points, 4.7 rebounds and 2.1 assists. Prior to Iowa State, Dejean-Jones played one season at USC (2010-11) and two seasons at UNLV (2012-14).
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 13, 2015
- D-Fenders Fall to Spurs at Home - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Raptors 905's Ronald Roberts scores 21 points, collects 20 rebounds in loss - Raptors 905
- Westchester Knicks Outlast Raptors 905 for Win in Team's First-Ever Canadian Contest - Westchester Knicks
- Fort Wayne Mad Ants Hold off Grand Rapids' Late Rally for a 99-96 Win - Grand Rapids Drive
- Stampede Acquire Bryce Dejean-Jones off Waivers - Idaho Stampede
- Memphis Grizzlies Recall James Ennis from the Iowa Energy - Iowa Wolves
- Tarik Black, Anthony Brown and Ryan Kelly Assigned to the D-Fenders - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Detroit Pistons Assign Spencer Dinwiddie and Darrun Hilliard to Grand Rapids Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Stampede Top Jam at Home - Idaho Stampede
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.