South Bay Lakers Acquire Pierre Jackson and Will Davis II
EL SEGUNDO, Calif. - The South Bay Lakers, the NBA G League affiliate of the Los Angeles Lakers, announced today the team has acquired veteran guard Pierre Jackson as a returning rights player and veteran forward Will Davis II via waiver claim.
Jackson (5'11", 180) returns to South Bay after spending part of the 2019-20 season with the team. In 16 games (13 starts), Jackson averaged 20.8 points, 6.0 assists and 4.1 rebounds in 33.0 minutes per game in his first stint with the organization.
The 30-year-old spent the 2018-19 campaign in China with the Beikong Fly Dragons where he averaged 39.8 points, 6.0 rebounds, 9.3 assists and 2.3 steals in 25 games. Jackson also played in two games for the Shenzhen Leopards, averaging 23.0 points, 3.5 rebounds, 6.0 assists and 2.0 steals.
In 83 career NBA G League appearances (68 starts), Jackson has averaged 23.4 points, 6.3 assists, 3.8 rebounds and 1.8 steals while shooting 45.6 percent from the field and 36.2 percent from three-point range. The Baylor alumnus also played in eight games (one start) for the Dallas Mavericks during the 2016-17 season, averaging 4.4 points, 1.1 rebounds and 2.4 assists in 10.5 minutes per game. Jackson was drafted 42nd overall in the 2013 NBA Draft by the Philadelphia 76ers.
Davis II (6'8", 220) joins South Bay with 98 games (10 starts) of G League experience under his belt with the Reno Bighorns (2016-18), Windy City Bulls (2017-18) and Long Island Nets (2018-19), posting career averages of 8.1 points and 3.9 rebounds in 16.5 minutes per game while shooting 59.4 percent from the floor. The 29-year-old played one season (2015-16) with Kolossos Rodou BC in Greece and spent a part of the 2018-19 campaign with Al Wasl Dubai in the United Arab Emirates.
The Sacramento, Calif., native played four collegiate seasons (2011-15) at UC Irvine, averaging 10.4 points, 6.4 rebounds and 1.5 blocks in 25.6 minutes per game. Davis II ranks second in UC Irvine history in career rebounds (852) and ninth in career points (1,384). He was named to the 2015 All-Big West First Team and was crowned Big West Tournament MVP his senior season.
Jackson will wear No. 55 and Davis II will wear No. 62 for South Bay.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 2, 2022
- Knicks Acquire Raven Lee from Available Player Pool - Westchester Knicks
- Brandon Goodwin Inks Deal with Cleveland Cavaliers - Westchester Knicks
- Knicks Add Returning Rights Player Dewan Hernandez - Westchester Knicks
- Long Island Nets Acquire Seth Allen and Kobi Nwandu - Long Island Nets
- South Bay Lakers Acquire Pierre Jackson and Will Davis II - South Bay Lakers
- Windy City Bulls Acquire Perry Jones - Windy City Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent South Bay Lakers Stories
- Lakers Attacked by the Wolves, Drop Home Contest to Iowa
- South Bay Earns Gritty Victory in Regular Season Opener
- South Bay Lakers Regular Season Opener Postponed
- South Bay Lakers Acquire Pierre Jackson and Will Davis II
- Paris Bass Earns NBA Call-Up with Phoenix Suns