Brandon Goodwin Inks Deal with Cleveland Cavaliers
TARRYTOWN, NY - Brandon Goodwin of the Westchester Knicks, the official NBA G League affiliate of the New York Knicks, signed a 10-Day Contract via the NBA's Hardship Exception by the Cleveland Cavaliers as announced by the team yesterday. Goodwin becomes the fifth Knick to receive an NBA Call-Up this season and 19th for the franchise.
Goodwin (affiliate), 6'0 180, has appeared in seven games, starting five, this season for Westchester averaging 15.3 points, 5.1 rebounds, 7.0 assists (team-high with at least half of games played), and 1.86 steals in 35.1 minutes.
In three previous NBA seasons from 2018-2021, Goodwin spent time in Denver and Atlanta. Last season with the Hawks, Goodwin appeared in 47 games, making five starts and averaged 4.9 points and 2.0 assists in 13.2 minutes.
The NBA G League announced last week that its regular season, originally scheduled to tip off on Dec. 27, will begin on Jan. 5, 2022. The delay will give teams an opportunity to safely return players to market after the Christmas holiday and to replenish their rosters following NBA Call-Ups.
Information regarding games originally scheduled between Dec. 27 and Jan. 4 will be provided at a later date.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 2, 2022
- Knicks Acquire Raven Lee from Available Player Pool - Westchester Knicks
- Brandon Goodwin Inks Deal with Cleveland Cavaliers - Westchester Knicks
- Knicks Add Returning Rights Player Dewan Hernandez - Westchester Knicks
- Long Island Nets Acquire Seth Allen and Kobi Nwandu - Long Island Nets
- South Bay Lakers Acquire Pierre Jackson and Will Davis II - South Bay Lakers
- Windy City Bulls Acquire Perry Jones - Windy City Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.