Windy City Bulls Acquire Perry Jones
The Windy City Bulls, presented by BMO, the NBA G League affiliate of the Chicago Bulls, announced Saturday that the team has acquired Perry Jones from the league's available player pool. Jones was selected in the first round of the 2012 NBA Draft by the Oklahoma City Thunder.
Jones appeared in 143 games over three seasons with the Thunder, averaging 3.4 points and 1.8 rebounds per game. After Oklahoma City, Jones played in 55 games for the Iowa Wolves over the course of three years. The 6-foot-11 forward from Baylor also spent time in Russia, Turkey and Germany.
Jones joins the Windy City Bulls after former Windy City center Daniel Oturu signed a 10-Day contract with the Toronto Raptors. Jones is expected to suit up for Windy City's Jan. 5 home game against the Motor City Cruise at 7 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 2, 2022
- Knicks Acquire Raven Lee from Available Player Pool - Westchester Knicks
- Brandon Goodwin Inks Deal with Cleveland Cavaliers - Westchester Knicks
- Knicks Add Returning Rights Player Dewan Hernandez - Westchester Knicks
- Long Island Nets Acquire Seth Allen and Kobi Nwandu - Long Island Nets
- South Bay Lakers Acquire Pierre Jackson and Will Davis II - South Bay Lakers
- Windy City Bulls Acquire Perry Jones - Windy City Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.