South Bay Grabs Fourth Straight Win by the Horns
HOFFMAN ESTATES, IL - The South Bay Lakers won their fourth straight game as they beat the Windy City Bulls, 107-101, on Monday night. Alex Caruso put together his finest performance of the season for South Bay (6-7) finishing with 28 points, six rebounds, seven assists and three steals. Rawle Alkins led the Bulls (5-10) with 22 points.
South Bay jumped out to an early 25-16 lead as Travis Wear nearly grabbed a double-double in the first quarter with 10 points and eight rebounds. The Lakers maintained their lead at the half, 48-39, behind a combined 14 second-quarter points from Andre Ingram and Jemerrio Jones. Johnathan Williams led all scorers with 11 points at the half.
A flurry of three-pointers to close the third by Windy City cut South Bay's lead to four, 75-71, as the teams went to the final quarter. Williams scored nine points in the third, but the Bulls used a balanced scoring attack to cut into the Lakers lead. Caruso absolutely took over in the fourth quarter, scoring 19 points in the final frame, to keep South Bay's winning streak alive.
Alkins' 22 points paced the Bulls as CJ Fair added a double-double with 11 points and 10 rebounds. JaKarr Sampson finished with 18 points and Mychal Mulder also scored in double figures with 13 points of his own.
Caruso's huge performance guided the Lakers to the win while Wear contributed with a 16-point, 13-rebound double-double. Williams scored 20 points with four blocks and Ingram scored a season-high 17 points off the bench. Isaac Bonga finished with seven points to go along with a career-high 11 rebounds, two assists and two steals. Jones did it all off the bench with eight points, 14 rebounds, five assists, three steals and two blocks.
South Bay will finish their road trip with a visit to the Westchester Knicks on Wednesday, December 5 at 4:00pm PT from the Westchester County Center in White Plains, NY.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 3, 2018
- Alkins Scores 22, But Windy City Falls 107-101 to South Bay - Windy City Bulls
- South Bay Grabs Fourth Straight Win by the Horns - South Bay Lakers
- Charge Defend Fort Wayne for Victory - Canton Charge
- Mad Ants Fall Short at Home against Canton - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Legends Acquire Trahson Burrell - Texas Legends
- Hustle Call in the Dogs for Showdown with Grand Rapids - Memphis Hustle
- Howdy Y'All: NAZ Suns Become Northern Arizona Rodeo Clowns - Northern Arizona Suns
- Raptors 905 Waive Kay Felder - Raptors 905
- Knicks Hold off Blue Coats in Overtime - Delaware Blue Coats
- Austin Spurs to Host San Antonio Spurs Affiliate and Throwback Thursday Night on December 6 - Austin Spurs
- Memphis Hustle to Host Hustle & Hounds Night on Tuesday, December 4 at 7 p.m. - Memphis Hustle
- Westchester Travels to Delaware for Morning Matchup - Westchester Knicks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.