Hustle Call in the Dogs for Showdown with Grand Rapids
The Memphis Hustle will host Hustle & Hounds Night on Tuesday, December 4 at 7 p.m. when the team takes on the Grand Rapids Drive. All dogs, with a limit of two per group, will receive free admission to the game at Landers Center tomorrow night. Additionally, a special dog photo with Santa will be available free of charge. Santa and Mrs. Claus will be in attendance starting at 6 p.m. for both tomorrow's game and Friday's game.
The dog-friendly game will hopefully provide a good luck charm with the Hustle having lost its last two games. After Goodwin's call-up, Jevon Carter was recalled by the Grizzlies and the team hasn't been the same offensively without its two leading scorers, failing to score 100 points for the first time this season and not showing the same consistency.
However, Dusty Hannahs and Tyler Harvey have begun to step in and fill the void, each posting 20-point outings recently and a break or two here or there might have swung things the other away in each of the last two games. Grand Rapids is near the bottom of the league in several major offensive categories, so improvement on the offensive end will need to continue for the Hustle to right the ship.
Pistons assignees Khyri Thomas (19.9 ppg) and Henry Ellenson (19.7 ppg, 12.0 rpg) have been the key cogs in the Drive attack. Zach Lofton, who is nipping at Jevon Carter's heels in the league's steals race has contributed 17.1 points per game as well.
Hustle Stats to Watch
Harvey's Dent: After averaging 6.6 points through the team's first 10 games, Tyler Harvey stepped up and exploded on 12/2 at Iowa in the absence of Brandon Goodwin, following his call-up, and Jevon Carter following his recall to the Grizzlies. The Eastern Washington product scored 27 points, falling two points shy of a career-high 27 points (10-19 FG) and tying a team season-high with six three-pointers. Harvey also collected six assists and five rebounds
Dust Has Settled: After a hot start to end last season, Dusty Hannahs struggled out of the gate in 2018-19 but seems to have found his stride in recent games. In his last five appearances, Hannahs is averaging 16.4 points on 56.9 percent shooting while making his three-pointers at a 43.5 percent clip. Over the team's first six games, he averaged just 6.8 points on 37.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 3, 2018
- Alkins Scores 22, But Windy City Falls 107-101 to South Bay - Windy City Bulls
- South Bay Grabs Fourth Straight Win by the Horns - South Bay Lakers
- Charge Defend Fort Wayne for Victory - Canton Charge
- Mad Ants Fall Short at Home against Canton - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Legends Acquire Trahson Burrell - Texas Legends
- Hustle Call in the Dogs for Showdown with Grand Rapids - Memphis Hustle
- Howdy Y'All: NAZ Suns Become Northern Arizona Rodeo Clowns - Northern Arizona Suns
- Raptors 905 Waive Kay Felder - Raptors 905
- Knicks Hold off Blue Coats in Overtime - Delaware Blue Coats
- Austin Spurs to Host San Antonio Spurs Affiliate and Throwback Thursday Night on December 6 - Austin Spurs
- Memphis Hustle to Host Hustle & Hounds Night on Tuesday, December 4 at 7 p.m. - Memphis Hustle
- Westchester Travels to Delaware for Morning Matchup - Westchester Knicks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Memphis Hustle Stories
- Second Half Woes Snap Hustle Winning Streak
- Memphis Hustle Acquire Laquinton Ross
- Hustle Forward Kyle Casey Invited to USA Men's World Cup Qualifying Team February Training Camp
- Hustle Continue First Half Dominance for Third Straight Win
- Hustle Rout Suns for Second Straight Win