Mad Ants Fall Short at Home against Canton
FORT WAYNE, Ind. - The Canton Charge defeated the Fort Wayne Mad Ants, 96-81, at the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum on Monday night in front of a crowd of 1,327. Kobi Simmons' 18 points led the Charge (5-6) in a game where both offenses struggled to get in any sort of rhythm. Canton would lead by as much as 17 in the first of four meetings between the central-division foes.
Fort Wayne (5-5) dropped its second game in five days at the Coliseum, despite double-double performances from both Ike Anigbogu and Alize Johnson. Johnson finished with 16 points and 13 rebounds, which was his seventh double-double of the season. Anigbogu, who was assigned to the Mad Ants this morning from the Indiana Pacers, recorded 14 points and 13 rebounds.
After the first quarter, both teams combined to shoot 12-for-38 in a defensive showing. Jaron Blossomgame, who was promoted to a two-way contract yesterday by the Cleveland Cavaliers, led Canton after one quarter with six points.
The Mad Ants would never lead again in the game, as Canton slowly controlled pace beginning in the second quarter.
Bonzie Colson ended his night with 14 points and 10 rebounds in over 27 minutes of playing time.
Levi Randolph and JaCorey Williams came off the bench to pitch in 16 and 13 points each.
Stephan Hicks contributed 15 points on 5-of-12 shooting, while Rob Gray added another double-digit scoring night off the bench with 12 points.
The Mad Ants, who came into tonight a top-10 team in the G League in free throw shooting percentage, ended a perfect 12-for-12 from the charity stripe.
Both Fort Wayne and Canton's next opponent will be the Long Island Nets. Canton will host the Nets on Thursday, while Fort Wayne will welcome Long Island on Friday night.
Friday is Star Wars Night at the Coliseum. Tickets are available by visiting ftwaynemadants.com or calling 260-469-4667.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 3, 2018
- Alkins Scores 22, But Windy City Falls 107-101 to South Bay - Windy City Bulls
- South Bay Grabs Fourth Straight Win by the Horns - South Bay Lakers
- Charge Defend Fort Wayne for Victory - Canton Charge
- Mad Ants Fall Short at Home against Canton - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Legends Acquire Trahson Burrell - Texas Legends
- Hustle Call in the Dogs for Showdown with Grand Rapids - Memphis Hustle
- Howdy Y'All: NAZ Suns Become Northern Arizona Rodeo Clowns - Northern Arizona Suns
- Raptors 905 Waive Kay Felder - Raptors 905
- Knicks Hold off Blue Coats in Overtime - Delaware Blue Coats
- Austin Spurs to Host San Antonio Spurs Affiliate and Throwback Thursday Night on December 6 - Austin Spurs
- Memphis Hustle to Host Hustle & Hounds Night on Tuesday, December 4 at 7 p.m. - Memphis Hustle
- Westchester Travels to Delaware for Morning Matchup - Westchester Knicks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.