Knicks Hold off Blue Coats in Overtime
NEWARK, DE - The Delaware Blue Coats (5-6), the NBA G League affiliate of the Philadelphia 76ers, were defeated by the Westchester Knicks (11-3), 112-107, in overtime on Monday afternoon at the Bob Carpenter Center in Newark, DE. Westchester extended its league-best six game winning streak by outscoring the Blue Coats 6-1 in the two-minute overtime period.
The Blue Coats stormed back after trailing the Knicks by as many as twenty points late in the third quarter. 76ers two-way player Shake Milton scored a team-high 22 points on 6-of-18 shooting in 37 minutes, while Denver Nuggets two-way player DeVaughn Akoon-Purcell added 21 points (4-of-5 three point) in 28 minutes off the bench in his second game as a Blue Coat. Cory Jefferson also finished with 21 points (5-of-6 three point) in 28 minutes as a starter.
"I think that we should start to realize that when we play the way we want to play, we have success," said head coach Connor Johnson. "The goal for us is to make that a 48-minute, or even overtime, [performance]. Just every single possession, we're out there playing the way that we want to play."
New York Knicks two-way player Isaiah Hicks posted a game-high 24 points to go along with 9 rebounds in 37 minutes for Westchester. Kadeem Allen tallied 23 points (15 in the first half) in 35 minutes for the Knicks.
The Blue Coats travel to Washington, D.C. for a Thursday night meeting with the Capital City Go-Go at 7:00 p.m., before heading to Greensboro for a Saturday night matchup with the Swarm. The Blue Coats return to the Bob Carpenter Center on Monday, Dec. 10 for a 7:00 p.m. tip-off with the Oklahoma City Blue, while the Grand Opening of 76ers Fieldhouse in Wilmington is scheduled for Friday, Jan. 4.
Founding Season Ticket Memberships start at just $199 and can be purchased now by contacting the Blue Coats at 302-504-7587 and BlueCoatsTickets@76ers.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 3, 2018
- Alkins Scores 22, But Windy City Falls 107-101 to South Bay - Windy City Bulls
- South Bay Grabs Fourth Straight Win by the Horns - South Bay Lakers
- Charge Defend Fort Wayne for Victory - Canton Charge
- Mad Ants Fall Short at Home against Canton - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Legends Acquire Trahson Burrell - Texas Legends
- Hustle Call in the Dogs for Showdown with Grand Rapids - Memphis Hustle
- Howdy Y'All: NAZ Suns Become Northern Arizona Rodeo Clowns - Northern Arizona Suns
- Raptors 905 Waive Kay Felder - Raptors 905
- Knicks Hold off Blue Coats in Overtime - Delaware Blue Coats
- Austin Spurs to Host San Antonio Spurs Affiliate and Throwback Thursday Night on December 6 - Austin Spurs
- Memphis Hustle to Host Hustle & Hounds Night on Tuesday, December 4 at 7 p.m. - Memphis Hustle
- Westchester Travels to Delaware for Morning Matchup - Westchester Knicks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Delaware Blue Coats Stories
- Blue Coats' Streak Snapped As Go-Go Escape With Win
- D.J. Hogg Added to USA Men's World Cup Qualifying Team February Training Camp Roster
- Balanced Blue Coats Bounce BayHawks for Third-Straight Win
- Blue Coats Re-Acquire Michael Bryson
- Blue Coats Drain Season-High 24 Threes in Win over Wolves